2020 MG Gloster has been launched in India.
MG’s new flagship SUV is set to feature a muscular styling, powerful performance, luxurious interiors, and awesome new features.
What’s a Gloster?
‘Gloster’ pays homage to MG’s British genes, putting a step forward on being bold, sturdy, reliable, and versatile. Moreover, it is a nod to the British jet-engine aircraft prototype and British engineering.
MG calls it #TheSelflessCar, putting your comfort and safety above everything else.
MG Gloster price in India starts at INR. 28.98 Lakhs to INR. 35.95 Lakhs. Furthermore, it is available in four trim levels: Super, Smart, Sharp, and Savvy.
With that brief introduction, let’s look at everything new in the 2020 MG Gloster.
MG Gloster Overview
MG Gloster takes design inspiration from all walks of life; from a floating feature to a racetrack pattern.
On the front, it gets an octagon signature chrome grille with a chrome-plated front guard.
Similarly, the front design looks very classy with front projector LED headlights, front fog lamps, and chrome-treated skid plate.
Moving to the side, the chrome makes yet another comeback.
It gets a chrome treatment in outside door handles, DLO garnish, roof rails, side stepper finish, and trunk sill trim.
Diamond-Cut Multispoke Alloy Wheels, Turn Indicators on ORVMs, and outside Logo projection completes the premium design.
Finally, the rear gets a race track themed LED taillamp, Dual Barrel Twin Chrome Exhaust, and Rear 3D Emblem.
That was just the exterior.
Leather upholstery, soft-touch material, LED interior Reading Lights, 64 Colors of Ambient Lighting among other complete the premium interiors.
MG Gloster is available in four colors: Agate Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash, and Warm White. Additionally, it is available in the 6-seater or 7-seater model.
MG Gloster is available in two different engine configurations: Diesel 2.0L Turbo and first-in-segment Diesel 2.0L Twinn Turbo.
The 2.0L Diesel Tubo engine can generate a max power of 163 PS at 4000rpm and 375 Nm at 1500-2400rpm. Moreover, it is mated to an 8-speed automatic with a 2WD drive type.
Similarly, the 2.0L Diesel Twin Turbo engine can generate a max power of 218 PS at 4000rpm and max torque 480 Nm at 1500-2400rpm. Furthermore, it is also mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission, but with a 4WD drive type.
The 4WD comes with 7 Terrain Mode: Snow, Sand, Eco, Mud, Auto, Rock, and Sports.
The suspension setup is Dual Helix Independent on the front and Five Link Integral on the rear.
It also comes with all Disc braking as standard!
ADAS is a group of safety and convenience functions. It improves driver comfort and road safety.
MG Gloster ensures safety thanks to the Level 1 Autonomous Driving Control. It assists in Driver Assistance including elements to ensure and monitor the driving environment.
Here’s the list of ADAS features.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Automatic Parking Assist (APA)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
As a reference, Tesla electric car features Level 2 Autonomous Driving.
MG Gloster sets a record for most “First in the Segment” features.
As much as we want to highlight all the features in detail, it is for the best if we just highlight just the major key features.
MG Gloster Feature Highlights
- i-Smart 2.0 Technology
- ABS + EBD + Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Program + Traction Control System + Hill Assist
- Electronic Mechanical Differential Lock (EDL)
- Electric Parking Brake with Auto Hold
- 360 Around View Camera
- PM 2.5 Filter
- Wireless Charging
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Hands-Free Tailgate with Kick Gesture
- 31.2cm Touch Infotainment with 12 Speaker System
MG Gloster Price in Nepal and Availability
MG Gloster price in Nepal is expected to be a bank-breaker.
However, the price in India looks good. Especially considering everything currently being offered including the Level 1 First Autonomous Driving.
If you haven’t noticed, there aren’t many Autonomous Driving SUVs in India.
Theoretically, it might very well be a game-changer for the Indian and Nepali market.
Previously, MG eZS offered killer features with integrated Smart Technology in the Indian markets.
But when the car made its way into Nepal, those very smart features were missing. I do hope the same thing doesn’t happen yet again.
MG Gloster goes head-on against the likes of Ford Endeavor, Toyota Fortuner, and Tata Gravitas.
What are your thoughts about the new 2020 MG Gloster? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…