Kia Sonet is now available in Nepal.
Continental Associates Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Kia vehicles in Nepal, announced the official launch of Kia Sonet.
Kia Motors Nepal unveiled its upcoming SUV via their official Facebook page. Moreover, the company also revealed the variants and its pricing for the Kia Sonet.
Kia Sonet is a sub-compact SUV, exclusively produced in India. With its debut in the Nepali market, it is set to compete against other subcompact SUVs, a segment that continues to rise in popularity.
The overall reaction to the pricing was mixed, about which we will go in detail in a bit.
But before that, let’s take a quick look at everything new with the all-new Kia Sonet.
2020 Kia Sonet Specifications
- Engine: 1.2L Smartstream Petrol / 1.5L CRDi Diesel
- BS6 Compliant: Yes
- Displacement: 1197cc / 1497cc
- Dimension: 3995 x 1790 x 1647 mm
- Wheelbase: 2500 mm
- Max Power: 82 bhp @ 6300 rpm (Pertrol) / 99 bhp – 113 bhp @ 4000 rpm (Diesel)
- Max Torque: 115 Nm @ 1500 rpm (Petrol) / 240 Nm – 250 Nm @ 1500 rpm (Diesel)
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual / 6-Speed Manual or Automatic
- Drive Type: FWD
- Top Speed: n/a
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 45 liters
- Mileage: 18.5 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 195 / 65 R15 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 195 / 65 R15 – Drum
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Safety System: Dual Airbags, ABS, EBD, VSC, HAC
- Suspension Setup: McPherson Strut and Coupled Torsion Beam Axle
- Seating: 5-Seater
- Storage Capacity: 392 liters
- Ground Clearance: 211 mm
- Kerb Weight: 1695 kg
- Colors: Intense Red, Glacier White Pearl, Beige Gold With Aurora Black Pearl, Steel Silver, Aurora Black Pearl, Beige Gold, Intelligence Blue, Glacier White Pearl With Aurora Black Pearl, Gravity Gray and Intense Red With Aurora Black Pearl
2020 Kia Sonet Price in Nepal: Rs. 35,90,000 (HTE) / Rs. 47,90,000 (HTX) / Rs. 49,90,000 (HTK+) / Rs. 57,90,000 (GTX+)
Kia Sonet Overview
“Wild by Design.”
The new Kia Sonet features unique styling, while still preserving the classic Kia design.
Okay, there are elements throughout that add to make Sonet more special.
First, it gets a Crown Jewel LED with flattering LED DRLs which emphasizes its wild and muscular road presence, especially with the signature Tiger Nose grille.
Similarly, you get a more aggressive look in the rear taillamp thanks to the Heartbeat LED. Moving on, it follows that with 16-inch Crystal Cut Alloy wheels and wrap-around Pillars for a sportier feel.
Other exterior design includes front and rear skid plates, rear center garnish, pole-type antenna among others.
On the inside, it gets premium finishing with black fabric seats, roof lining, silver finish AC vents, and more.
Honestly, it is really difficult to put words to describe the SUV. It looks sporty, futuristic, muscular, and overall pleasing. I do think Kia nailed it by summarizing the design language as “Wild by Design”.
Kia Sonet will be available in two different engine configurations: 1.2L Petrol Engine and 1.5L Diesel Engine.
Talking about the 1.2L Petrol Engine, the Smartstream G1.2 can generate a max power of 82 bhp at 6300rpm and max torque of 115Nm at 4200rpm. Additionally, it is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Moving to the 1.5L Diesel Engine, the CRDi can generate a max power of 99bhp at 4000rpm and max torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Finally, the 1.5L Diesel Engine will be available in a 6-speed automatic transmission, which can generate a max power of 113bhp and max torque of 250Nm.
Kia Sonet ground clearance is 211mm.
Kia Motors Nepal has announced the available variants of the new Kia Sonet. So, the overall features will depend/differ according to the respective variants.
However, here are a few key highlights of the 2020 Kia Sonet.
Kia Sonet Feature Highlights
- 10.25-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System with 4.2-inch Color Cluster
- Front Ventilated Seats
- Smart Air Purifier
- Multiple Drive Modes and Tractions Modes
- MT Remote Engine Start
- BOSE 7-speaker System with LED Sound Mood Lights
- ABS with ESC
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Hill Assist Control (HAC)
- Front and Rear Parking Sensor
Kia Sonet Price in Nepal and Availability
Kia Sonet is available at your nearest Kia showroom.
Kia Sonet will be available in four different variants, 1 Petrol, and 3 Diesel: HTE (Petrol), HTX, HTK+ AT, and GTX+.
As for the pricing, the Kia Sonet price in Nepal starts at Rs. 35.90 Lakhs to Rs. 57.90 Lakhs.
Kia Sonet competes against the likes of Hyundai Venue, Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, and Ford Ecosport. However, the rivalry between Kia and Hyundai continues; which is also seen in Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta.
Comparing with its near rival, the pricing does seem reasonable.
However, few are unhappy with the pricing, claiming it to be 3x more expensive for a product manufactured in an Indian plant.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the real world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the authorized distributor of Kia SUVs in Nepal?
Continental Associates Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized distributor of Kia vehicles in Nepal.
What is the price of Kia Sonet in Nepal?
Kia Sonet price in Nepal starts at Rs. 35.90 Lakhs to Rs. 57.90 Lakhs. It will be available in four different variants, 1 Petrol, and 3 Diesel: HTE (Petrol), HTX, HTK+ AT, and GTX+.
What is the ground clearance in Kia Sonet?
Kia Sonet ground clearance is 211mm.
Is Kia Sonet available in 4WD?
No, Kia Sonet is only available as FWD.
Is Kia Sonet 5-seater or 7-seater?
Kia Sonet is a 5-seater compact SUV.
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…