Finally! Suzuki decided to give Gixxer’s the much-needed redesign. Apparently, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 won’t be the only two new bikes on its list, there’s a third new Suzuki motorcycle in town.
As you might already know, Suzuki recently launched the all-new 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 in India. As expected, there were raving reviews about the “new design”, praising Suzuki for their imagination.
However, I’m going against the flow, and say outright that I don’t like the design! But it is not how you think… I’ll talk more about it in the latter part of this article, but right now, let’s take a quick overview.
2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Overview
2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 is powered by a 155cc fuel-injected engine. It can generate a max power of 14.1PS at 8000rpm and 14Nm of max torque at 6000rpm. In comparison with its predecessor, the overall power output is slightly less, which shouldn’t really feel much different in the real world.
The overall engine performance and the power train numbers are very similar to its predecessor and its newly launched sibling, SF 150.
Talking about the “big changes”, you will see a new headlamp, new taillamp, muscular fuel tank, new and sharper fuel tank extension. Likewise, you will get an all-LED instrument cluster, which was again seen in 2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF 150.
2019 Suzuki Gixxer comes in three different color variants: Black, Grey-Black and Blue-Black.
2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Key Specifications
- Displacement: 154.9cc
- Mileage: 45-50kmpl
- Max Power:14.1 PS @ 8000rpm
- Torque: 14 Nm @ 6000rpm
- Top Speed: 115kmph
- No. of gears: 5
- Braking: Disc (Single-Channel ABS)
- Fuel tank: 12L
- Kerb Weight(kg): 146kg
2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Price in Nepal: Rs. 3,15,000
Ugly or Beautiful?
Okay, let’s address that. Personally, I am a tad bit disappointed. I think the design is good, but I was expecting something more.
This was supposed to be a complete design overhaul, right? So, why does the uncomfortable pillion seat make a comeback yet again? Ironically, it’s even smaller than before! Suzuki could have adjusted a slightly more or at least made it a little more comfortable.
So, to answer that question: Yes, 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 is damn beautiful! And, yes, the good just got better! However, the pillion seat is still ugly, and I hate it!
Will 2019 Suzuki Gixxer Launch in Nepal?
Yes! Since, it has been confirmed that Gixxer siblings—Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and Suzuki SF 150—are making their way into Nepal. So, this would be the next obvious step.
Well, I don’t know. Since there’s a two-month gap between each launch, theoretically, 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 is going to take longer.
Imagine if Suzuki Nepal launches SF 250 and SF 150 today, so maybe after two months, we’d finally get to see Gixxer 155. As for the pricing, it is too early to tell. However, if I had to guess, I’d say that the 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 price in Nepal is Rs. 3,15,000.
I don’t know why Suzuki just couldn’t launch the entire three motorcycles in succession, but that’s just how it is going to be.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…