The Chinese government will be providing training to 20 engineers in Nepal from the Department of Roads (DoR) and Department of Railways (DoRW) as the part of Nepal’s plan to strengthen its technical capacity.
The DoRW currently has no railway engineers so the training will be focused on developing required expertise for expansion of railway in the country.
- The high-level Chinese delegation, led by Zheng Jian, the deputy director (Vice-Minister) of National Railway Administration of the People’s Republic of China, had come to Nepal to study the possibility of railway networks in the country.
- The team had conducted a feasibility study and concluded that two rail routes – Kathmandu-Kerung and Kathmandu-Pokhara-Lumbini – could be developed in the country.
- They had also offered technical training to Nepal. But there could be no progress on the deal.
- Kathmandu-Tibet Railway Project Stalled
- Department of Roads Proposes New Road Tunnel to Connect Kathmandu with China
- Survey of Nepal-China Railway to Begin Soon
Reall all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Big News: McDonald’s Launches Delivery Service in Nepal with FoodmanduHIGHLIGHTS McDonald’s has partnered with Foodmandu to exclusively deliver its menu items in Nepal. Nepali…
Honda Aviator 110 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Aviator price in Nepal is Rs. 2.35 Lakhs. It is available in a…
Honda Unicorn 150 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Unicorn 150 price in Nepal is Rs. 3.08 Lakhs. It comes in Black,…