The Chinese government will be providing training to 20 engineers in Nepal from the Department of Roads (DoR) and Department of Railways (DoRW) as the part of Nepal’s plan to strengthen its technical capacity.
The DoRW currently has no railway engineers so the training will be focused on developing required expertise for expansion of railway in the country.
- The high-level Chinese delegation, led by Zheng Jian, the deputy director (Vice-Minister) of National Railway Administration of the People’s Republic of China, had come to Nepal to study the possibility of railway networks in the country.
- The team had conducted a feasibility study and concluded that two rail routes – Kathmandu-Kerung and Kathmandu-Pokhara-Lumbini – could be developed in the country.
- They had also offered technical training to Nepal. But there could be no progress on the deal.
- Kathmandu-Tibet Railway Project Stalled
- Department of Roads Proposes New Road Tunnel to Connect Kathmandu with China
- Survey of Nepal-China Railway to Begin Soon
Reall all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Peppy BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Affordable “Redmi Earbuds S” Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 3,199Xiaomi is on a roll with their new product launches. Recently, they launched products like…
- DocSumo Raises $220k Seed Funding from Better Capital, Techstars and BarclaysDocSumo, a document automation/AI startup has raised seed funding from Better Capital, an early-stage venture…