- Yeti Airlines and Tara Air are conducting the campaign. Tara Air is a subsidiary of Yeti Airlines.
- The campaign is the continuation of the airline’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program for Waste Management and Environmental Awareness since 2008 in the Everest region.
- The initiative is taken in partnership with Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality, Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee (SPCC), Himalaya Club and United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- On March 17, the first flight for the clean-up campaign took off and waste was collected from various centers in the Everest region. The wastes comprise of mostly empty beer bottles and cans, empty food tins, and discarded mountaineering and trekking equipment.
- Yeti Airlines-Tara Air has set the target of flying out 100 tons of waste from the Everest region in the year 2018 as part of its commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN.
- The Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee (SPCC), a local environmental conservation organization and the Himalaya Club Lukla, coordinates the collection of wastes in the Everest region.
- Blue Waste to Value, a recycling firm in Kathmandu recycles the wastes, as part of its agreement with SPCC.
What they are saying:
- “On behalf of our airlines, we would like to thank SPCC, Himalayan Club, Blue Waste to Value and the other organizations involved in this Everest Clean Up Campaign 2018. We are grateful to the UNDP for their guidance and support in our efforts to become a more socially responsible business enterprise,” said Umesh Chandra Rai, CEO of Yeti Airlines/Tara Air.
- UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative for Nepal, Valerie Juliand, said, “Activities such as this will help promote a culture of ethical and responsible business, while ultimately contributing to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.”
- Nepwaste to Manage Solid Waste in Kathmandu
- Managing Human Waste at Everest: Mount Everest Biogas Project
- Tesla’s Cybertruck to be Enrolled into the Dubai Police Force ShortlyIt’s been like, a week since the “Bulletproof” Tesla Cybertruck has been introduced. In this…
- Honor 9X with Kirin 710F & Triple Camera Setup Officially Launched in Nepal TodayHonor launched a mid-range smartphone “Honor 9X“ in China back in July with the new…
- TATA Gravitas 7-Seater SUV: Things We Know So Far!Recently, Tata Motors announced its intentions to launch the all-new TATA Gravitas in India. Moreover,…