When Yamaha R15 got its first launch in 2008, it was a game changer. The refined engine and eye-catching design fascinated the motorcycle enthusiasts. It was among the first to introduce such a sporty bike at a more affordable price. The successor to Yamaha R15 V2, the new V3 addressed and solved the problems its predecessor had; uncomfortable pillion seat for example.
Morang Auto Works, the authorized distributors of Yamaha motorcycles in Nepal, official unveiled R15 V3 at the NADA Auto Show event. Yamaha R15 V3 price in Nepal is Rs. 4,17,900; making it one of the premium motorcycles with the 150cc engine.
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 is powered by a single cylinder, liquid-cooled SOHC engine with 155.1cc displacement. It is equipped with a 6-speed transmission with a wet-plate clutch. The engine is powerful enough to produce max power of 19.04 Bhp at 10000 rpm and max torque of 14.7 NM at 8500 rpm. As Yamaha’s history suggests, R15 V3.0 is expected to have a refined and durable engine. Furthermore, it comes with an 11 liters fuel tank which provides a decent mileage of 40 – 45 kmpl.
Talking about the features, it includes all new digital instrument console, aluminum swingarm, dual LED light, hazard lights, modified Delta Box platform, and much more. And Yamaha has slightly lowered the previous uncomfortable pillion seat. At least, the pillion riders can take joy at far more practical and comfortable seats. Disc brakes are equipped on both tires, although ABS is not included.
In comparison to the older one, R15 V3 misses out on USD forks and Pirelli tires. However, the older R15 lacked initial power delivery unable to go head-on against KTM Duke 200, Bajaj Pulsar NS and Apache RTR 200. So, the power delivery is pushed up to 19.04 BHP for fair competition.
It comes in three different color variations: Thunder Grey, Racing Blue, and MotoGP Blue.
Yamaha R15 V3 Key Specifications
- Engine Displacement.: 155.1 cc
- Maximum Power: 19.04 Bhp @ 10000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 14.7 NM @ 8500rpm
- Mileage: 40-45 kmpl
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Front Brake: 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake: 240mm Single Disc
- Wheels Type: Alloy wheels
- Fuel Tank: 11 liters
Yamaha R15 V3 Price in Nepal: Rs. 4,17,900
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 seems to be a bit overpriced compared to its rivals. Not in the sense as you might think. I had to double check the engine displacement. Being just above 155cc, theoretically, it should go against the bikes in 160cc segment category. However, it gives out more power than any motorcycles in that category. Props to Yamaha and technologically superior engines.
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 can be considered a budget-friendly motorcycle. Riders not only get an optimum fuel economy but packs a performance punch. Moreover, aerodynamically fit design lets the rider cruise at higher speeds. Best of them all, you look good while doing it!
And the end of the day, Yamaha R15 V3 improves on design, performance, and overall value for money. Although, the absence of ABS might just be the biggest disappointment of them all.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…