Siemens released a statement that it has been selected by Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) for a project.
- Siemens Ltd. is an Indian subsidiary of German multinational engineering and electronics conglomerate Siemens.
- The company has been awarded a contract to upgrade the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition/Energy Management System (SCADA/EMS) at the Load Dispatch Center (LDC) in Kathmandu.
- NEA is planning to replace the 15-year-old SCADA/EMS with a state-of-the art system that will enhance the capacity of the LDC.
- The project is funded by German government-owned development bank.
- NEA has Discredited All Rumors About Continuing Load-shedding
- NEA to Produce 800MW Power in the Next 18 Months
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations