- Upper Tamakoshi, Kulekhani III, Upper Trishuli A and Sanjen Rasuwagadhi hydropower companies will be major sources of hydropower.
- Similarly, Upper Sanjen is to generate 14.8 MW power, while Sanjen will generate 14.5 MW.
- NEA has estimated that around 1000MW of power will be linked to the national grid in coming three years. While private sectors are planning to complete around 1500 MW in one and half years.
Why it matters:
- With this, Nepal can be self reliant in the coming years.
What they are saying:
- Spokesperson at Energy Ministry, Dr Ganesh Neupane, said the Upper Tamakoshi hydropower project would be completed by coming mid-November.
- Independent Energy Producers’ Association Nepal Chairman Shailendra Guragain said among the projects of 3,500 MW capacity, 70 percent are in construction phase.
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- NEA Approves Draft PPA For Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Honor X8b with 512GB Storage Set to Launch Next Week in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Honor X8b will be launched in Nepal next week with 512GB storage. It is…
Yamaha FZS V4 Expected to Launch Soon in NepalHIGLIGHTS Yamaha FZS V4 is launching soon in Nepal. It gets new brighter LED DRLs,…
Ultima Rock Bluetooth Speaker Sold 2000 Units on Its Launch DayHIGHLIGHTS Ultima Rock price in Nepal is Rs. 2,799 (offer price). It features a 12W…