- Upper Tamakoshi, Kulekhani III, Upper Trishuli A and Sanjen Rasuwagadhi hydropower companies will be major sources of hydropower.
- Similarly, Upper Sanjen is to generate 14.8 MW power, while Sanjen will generate 14.5 MW.
- NEA has estimated that around 1000MW of power will be linked to the national grid in coming three years. While private sectors are planning to complete around 1500 MW in one and half years.
Why it matters:
- With this, Nepal can be self reliant in the coming years.
What they are saying:
- Spokesperson at Energy Ministry, Dr Ganesh Neupane, said the Upper Tamakoshi hydropower project would be completed by coming mid-November.
- Independent Energy Producers’ Association Nepal Chairman Shailendra Guragain said among the projects of 3,500 MW capacity, 70 percent are in construction phase.
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- NEA Approves Draft PPA For Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…