- Upper Tamakoshi, Kulekhani III, Upper Trishuli A and Sanjen Rasuwagadhi hydropower companies will be major sources of hydropower.
- Similarly, Upper Sanjen is to generate 14.8 MW power, while Sanjen will generate 14.5 MW.
- NEA has estimated that around 1000MW of power will be linked to the national grid in coming three years. While private sectors are planning to complete around 1500 MW in one and half years.
Why it matters:
- With this, Nepal can be self reliant in the coming years.
What they are saying:
- Spokesperson at Energy Ministry, Dr Ganesh Neupane, said the Upper Tamakoshi hydropower project would be completed by coming mid-November.
- Independent Energy Producers’ Association Nepal Chairman Shailendra Guragain said among the projects of 3,500 MW capacity, 70 percent are in construction phase.
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- NEA Approves Draft PPA For Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
- Daraz 12.12 Sale Day Begins – Promises up to 60% OFFIt’s here again, the end of the decade is back again to take another year…
- Xiaomi AirDots Finally See Nepal’s Daylight: Priced at Rs. 4,799 and 6 Months WarrantyHeadphone jacks are going extinct with the arrival of new flagship smartphones every day. With…
- Xiaomi Launches the Redmi K30 and K30 5G: Flagship Killer 3.0 Unleashed?The Redmi K20 Pro that was unleashed in the 3rd quarter of 2019 managed to…