- Upper Tamakoshi, Kulekhani III, Upper Trishuli A and Sanjen Rasuwagadhi hydropower companies will be major sources of hydropower.
- Similarly, Upper Sanjen is to generate 14.8 MW power, while Sanjen will generate 14.5 MW.
- NEA has estimated that around 1000MW of power will be linked to the national grid in coming three years. While private sectors are planning to complete around 1500 MW in one and half years.
Why it matters:
- With this, Nepal can be self reliant in the coming years.
What they are saying:
- Spokesperson at Energy Ministry, Dr Ganesh Neupane, said the Upper Tamakoshi hydropower project would be completed by coming mid-November.
- Independent Energy Producers’ Association Nepal Chairman Shailendra Guragain said among the projects of 3,500 MW capacity, 70 percent are in construction phase.
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- NEA Approves Draft PPA For Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
- Lava Benco V7 Launched in Nepal: A Worthy Entry Level Smartphone?Around 3 months ago, it seemed like Lava was on the brink of extinction. Its…
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite to Exclusively Launch on Daraz Nepal Soon!The sudden transition of mid-range smartphone in affordability and technicality field has shifted the whole…
- Vivo S1 Pro Review: Better Camera than its Predecessor, But Still Lacks PerformanceVivo S series made it to Nepal in August 2019 with the launch of Vivo…