Samsung has unveiled the Samsung M42 5G.
It becomes the first phone in Samsung’s M-series to support 5G. Samsung M42 is priced at 21,999 INR (6/128GB) but it will be available for a discounted price of INR 19,999 starting 1st May in India.
It brings a superb Snapdragon 750G chipset but it only gets a 60Hz HD+ AMOLED panel.
What else? Let’s check it out!
Samsung Galaxy M42 Specifications
- Body: 164.4 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm, 190 g, Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.6-inches sAMOLED, 720 x 1600 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- OS: Android 11, OneUI 3.1
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, Fast Charging 15W
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Colors: Prism Dot Black, Prism Dot Gray
Samsung Galaxy M42 Price in Nepal: TBD
Samsung Galaxy M42 Overview
It comes in two colors: Prism Dot Black and Prism Dot Grey.
Instead of the hole punch, Samsung M42 gets an infinity U-notch on the front. And, it also has an in-display fingerprint scanner.
It has a 6.6-inch Infinity-U Super AMOLED panel but it is only an HD+ panel.
So, M42 has a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and it is also a normal 60Hz panel.
While an HD+ screen is underwhelming, Samsung goes big with Snapdragon 750G chipset on the M42.
Furthermore, it comes in two variants: 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB.
Snapdragon 750G is a powerful and efficient 5G chipset. It features an Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570) CPU and Adreno 619 GPU. And, it also integrates the Snapdragon X52 5G modem.
In addition, Samsung has included Game Booster and Frame Booster features for improved gaming. On top of that, M42 comes with Samsung Knox and Samsung Pay.
There’s a quad-camera setup on the rear including a 48MP main sensor, an 8MP ultrawide angle sensor, a 5MP macro sensor, and a 5MP depth sensor.
The main sensor is the same 48MP ISOCELL GM2 sensor used on the likes of Samsung A12.
On the front, it gets a 20MP sensor for selfies.
Battery & Others
M42 is powered by a 5000mAh battery that can provide up to 36 hours of talk time on a single charge.
For charging, it gets a 15W charger.
Samsung M12 will run on One UI 3.1 on top of Android 11 out of the box.
Samsung M42 Price in Nepal and Availability
Samsung M42 is set to be available in India from 1st May 2021. Its price starts at INR 21,999 in India. So, we expect the Samsung M42 price in Nepal to be around Rs. 37,000 when it launches soon in Nepal.
|Samsung M42 5G||Price in India||Expected Price in Nepal|
|6/128GB||INR 21999||Rs. 37000|
|8/128GB||INR 23999||Rs. 40000|
Samsung M42 is the first 5G phone of the M-series and it brings exciting hardware in Snapdragon 750G. However, it only gets an HD+ display.
So, what are your thoughts on the Samsung M42? Let us know in the comments below!
Also, watch the Samsung A72 camera review in Nepali.