Samsung hiked the price of the Samsung Galaxy S22 series including the S22+ (Plus) in Nepal.
After the price hike, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus price in Nepal is Rs. 1,37,999 (8/256GB). It is available for purchase at Samsung authorized stores across Nepal.
The reason for the price is the recent increase in excise duty to 5% from 2.5% in Nepal. This year’s series is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processor in Nepal.
The first Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event of 2022 showcased Samsung’s flagship phones for the year, the Galaxy S22 series.
In the Galaxy S22 lineup, the S22+ sits in the middle. We will discuss the specifications, features, and price of the Samsung Galaxy S22+ in this article.
Samsung Galaxy S22+ Specifications
- Body: 157.4 x 75.8 x 7.6 mm, 195 g/196 g (mmWave), IP68 dust/water resistant, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ back
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.6 inches FHD+, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9, 1750 nits (peak), HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, UFS 3.1, no SD card support
- OS: Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Rear Camera: 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), 1/3.94″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55″ 1.4µm, Super Steady video
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.24″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery, 45W fast charging, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, USB Power Delivery 3.0, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom White, Pink Gold
Samsung Galaxy S22+ Price in Nepal: Rs.
1,29,999 1,37,999 (8/256GB)
Samsung Galaxy S22+ Overview
The Galaxy S22+ does not feature as many visible changes as the Galaxy S22 Ultra does. It retains the same metal housing for the rear camera as its predecessor, Samsung’s Countour-Cut design, that blends into the phone’s frame.
However, the camera housing matches the device’s body colour this time, and the sides are also flat. Additionally, unlike last year, the device now has a glass back made of the new Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+.
Similar to other S22 series phones, it’s also made with an Armor Aluminum frame, which Samsung describes as their strongest aluminium frame. Likewise, it is IP68 rated for protection against dust and water.
The Samsung Galaxy S22+ display measures 6.6 inches diagonally, which is 0.1-inch smaller than the S21+. It’s an FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a peak brightness of 1750nits.
The display supports a variable refresh rate from 120Hz to 48Hz. For context, the more expensive S22 Ultra display’s refresh rate can drop to as low as 1Hz.
The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ and it features an under-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
The S22 series also has a feature called Vision Booster, which Samsung says adjusts the screen to the lighting around the device and enhances the colour contrast for a better view.
Unlike before, Samsung launched the Snapdragon variant in Nepal this year. The Snapdragon variant comes with Qualcomm’s flagship SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor.
The chipset is built on a 4nm process and is designed in a tri-cluster structure comprised of a single powerful Arm Cortex-X2 flagship-core, three performance and efficiency balanced Cortex-A710 big-cores, and four power-efficient Cortex-A510 little-cores.
For the GPU, Snapdragon has an Adreno 730. The S22+ also supports Wi-Fi 6E, which the regular S22 does not. Furthermore, it comes with 8GB RAM and a storage capacity of 256GB.
The device sports three rear cameras: a new 50MP main camera, a 12MP ultrawide camera, and a new 10MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom.
According to Samsung, the S22 has a 23% larger sensor than S21 and S21+, resulting in better low-light photos and videos.
On the front, it has a 10MP selfie camera. For the video, the main camera can shoot video up to 8K resolution at 24FPS, while the front camera can shoot up to 4K at 60FPS.
Battery and Others
The S22’s smaller size compared to the S21+ results in a smaller battery capacity of 4500mAh, down from 4800mAh. The S22+ supports up to 45W fast charging, but the charger is sold separately.
In terms of software, it runs on Android 12 topped with One UI 4.1. It will receive four generations of Android OS upgrades.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus Price in Nepal and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus price in Nepal is Rs. 1,37,999 (8/256GB). It is available for purchase at Samsung authorized stores across Nepal. Initially, it was Rs. 1,29,999. But the recent decision from the Government of Nepal to hike the excise duty from 2.5% to 5% resulted in the price increase of the Galaxy S22 series in Nepal.
|Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus||Price in Nepal|
The Samsung Galaxy S22+ has an almost identical design to last year’s S21+, but is a bit smaller and boxier. This time the back is of glass as opposed to plastic. It now has a new 50MP main camera with a larger sensor.
The battery capacity is slightly smaller, but it now supports up to 45W fast charging, which the regular Galaxy S22 does not.
What are your thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy S22+? Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
Also, watch our Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G review in Nepali.