Though the Galaxy Note 9 is all that is on the headlines these days, people should note that Samsung makes other phones too. Samsung launched the Galaxy J4, J6, and J8 last month, before all the Note 9 hype. They have been busy with the Note 9’s launch for most of this month. Now, that the pre-orders time for that phone is over, Samsung is gearing to launch other phones in Nepal. One of them is Samsung Galaxy A8 star (A9 star in China).
The A8 star is probably the only phone from Samsung that copies the Apple-like left corner vertically stacked camera design. But Samsung makes even that set up its own with a very high and oval fingerprint sensor on the back. This cutout and the position of the fingerprint sensor alone makes the design look distinct. At the front, there’s no notch. The phone overall looks less curvy than the Galaxy S9 and less boxy than the Note 9. It is a good middle ground.
The 6.3 inch AMOLED screen will look gorgeous, as expected from Samsung. They make the best AMOLED panels, hence the best screen on any smartphone on the market. Though the A8 looks premium on the outside, it is mid-range at the heart, evident from its Snapdragon 660 processor, a powerful mid-range processor from Qualcomm. But don’t feel let down because if you are not the most intense gamer, this chipset is plenty powerful for most of the task you throw at it. With the available 4GB or 6GB RAM, multi-tasking wouldn’t be a problem either.
Samsung Galaxy A8 star Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2220 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~392 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Memory: 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM(expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 24 MP, f/1.7; 16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 3700 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A8 star Price in Nepal: TBD
The cameras on the A8 star look powerful on paper, but we will have to see it in action to comment on it. However, Samsung installs some great camera hardware on its phones (the Galaxy S9 Plus is one of the best camera smartphones on the market) so, you can be pretty sure that you will get satisfactory shots for your money.
Talking about money, we don’t know exactly when the A8 star will be launching. We have got intel that it will be some time this or next week but the release date isn’t known yet. The pricing is not known either. Keep checking out Techlekh, we will keep you posted.
- Bluboo Smartphones Coming to Nepal; Bluboo S3 With 8500mAh Battery
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Exceeds Expectation in Nepal
- Colors Pride 5C with 18:9 Aspect Ratio and Android Go Launched in Nepal
- Next-gen NIU e-Scooter, NIU NGT, Coming Soon in Nepal!Review of: NIU NGT Price:Rs. 4,00,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On June 22, 2019Last modified:June 22, 2019Summary:Damn.…
- Kia Seltos Compact SUV Launched in India: Will it Launch in Nepal?“Tata Harrier was revolutionary!” I know I’ve said that far too many times. Since it…
- Daraz Mobile Week – Get Literally up to 25% Discount using Card Payment!Daraz is bringing us another week of amazing offers on electronic products in four days.…