Samsung A70s was released more than a month ago for Rs. 48,890 and while it’s a good phone we did feel that it was overpriced. However, it is now available for Rs. 43,799 as a part of the Samsung’s Christmas and New Year offer.
The Samsung A70s looks and feels kind of premium at start. But is it as premium on the inside as it is in the outside?
For now, let’s have a look at everything the phone has to offer.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Features
Design-wise there’s just one small improvement that differentiates it from A70. It’s got that “glastic” look but with a prism-based surface, apparently. The interesting aspect is that when light strikes at it, it creates a rainbow-like premium look in the device. And on the front, it has the infinity U cut-out which is protected by gorilla glass.
Under the Infinity U cutout is a 6.7” sAMOLED display with an FHD resolution. The display is the exact same as its forerunner with the same dimensions. Undoubtedly, it is the best display in the mid-range segment. So, great colors, balanced brightness and contrast, and wide viewing angles are the major highlights of its display. Under the display, we get a fingerprint sensor similar to A70.
In its core, the Galaxy A70s has an Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 processor paired with 6GB RAM. The processor was seen in the earlier version as well and is alright. It’s not the best in its category and a little improvement would’ve surely been appreciated in this device. Nonetheless, it’s good in terms of performance and battery management. So, it’s okay for now. There’s flexibility in terms of storage with 128GB inbuilt memory.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
One major improvement that should catch everyone’s attention is the 64MP primary camera on this device. Samsung uses its own ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor in this device which is also used on Realme XT and Redmi Note 8 Pro. The primary 64MP lens is surrounded by an 8MP ultrawide and 5MP depth sensor. Though the Redmi Note 8 Pro and Realme XT have impressed with the same main sensor, it’d be interesting to see how the A70s performs.
Powering the device is a huge 4500mAH which should last a day easily as we’ve seen the same from its predecessor. There’s also support for 25W fast charging which should fill the battery in no time at all.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Specifications
- Display: 6.7 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory: 128GB, 6GB RAM
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Primary Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8 + 8 MP, f/2.2 (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery, 25W Fast Charging
- Sensors: FaceID, Fingerprint (under-screen), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A70s Price in Nepal: Rs.
About the phone itself, clearly, it’s not that much of an upgrade, is it? One major improvement and possibly the best improvement is the 64MP camera.
A70s uses Snapdragon 675 chipset which is a fine upper-tier mid-range chipset but it still feels overpriced if you look at the offerings from Xiaomi. However, it’s performance is not an issue and the A70s shines in terms of display and its camera setup is not a slouch either.
A price drop of Rs. 5000 is really big and this has made the Galaxy A70s more appealing. While it still is not the most value phone for the offer price, A70s definitely makes it into the top 3 phones that you can buy below Rs. 45,000.
So, that’s all on our thoughts on the Galaxy A70s. What do you think about this device? Do let us know in the comments below.
- Honor Magic Watch 2 Launched in Nepal: A Reasonable Tracker for Fitness Buffs!Tell me, what is that you, as a fitness buff look for in a tracker?…
- Realme 5i Now Officially Launched in Nepal for Rs 20,990With the end of 2019, a lot of companies won some battles but lost the…
- Lava Benco V7 Launched in Nepal: A Worthy Entry Level Smartphone?Around 3 months ago, it seemed like Lava was on the brink of extinction. Its…