Samsung has launched the Samsung Galaxy F12 in India.
It comes as a budget entry in Samsung’s F-series smartphones. To be exact, it is a replica of the Samsung Galaxy M12 that was recently launched in Nepal.
F12 also has a 90Hz screen, Exynos 850 chipset, and a 48MP camera. How is it different from the M12? Let’s take a look!
Samsung Galaxy F12 Specifications
- Body: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm, 221 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inches PLS IPS, 720 x 1600 Resolution, ~82.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Exynos 850 (8nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM , eMMC 5.1
- OS: Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Video: [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.2
- Video: [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery, Fast charging 15W
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Colors: Attractive Black, Elegant Blue, Trendy Emerald Green
Samsung Galaxy F12 Price in Nepal: TBD
Samsung Galaxy F12 Overview
Samsung Galaxy F12 has the same design as the M12. There’s a square-shaped camera module on the polycarbonate rear. Unlike the M12, it has vertical stripes on the rear.
On the front, it has the same Infinity-V notch design. Whereas, the fingerprint sensor is integrated into the power button.
Just like the M12, it has a 6.5 inches PLS LCD HD+ 90Hz panel.
With a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, it has a pixel density of 270ppi.
Underneath, the device is powered by an Exynos 850 chipset.
Exynos 850 is made in an 8nm process and has Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU along with Mali-G52 GPU. This chipset is found on the Samsung Galaxy M12 and Samsung Galaxy A21s.
The quad-camera setup of the F12 is identical to the M12. It has a 48MP Samsung GM2 sensor, a 5MP ultrawide angle sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro sensor.
On the front, it has an 8MP sensor for selfies. Both, rear and front cameras can capture 1080p 30fps videos.
Samsung Galaxy F12 also has a huge 6000 mAh battery along with 15W Fast Charging.
Furthermore, it runs on One UI 3.1 on top of Android 11.
Samsung Galaxy F12 Price in Nepal and Availability
Samsung F12 price in India starts at INR 10,999 (~NPR 17,420) for the 4/64GB variant. Since it is a rebranded M12, the device might not launch in Nepal. If it does launch, it could have the same price as the M12.
Samsung F12 is the same as the Galaxy M12. The only noticeable change comes in terms of the pattern design on the rear of the phone. Except, it still has the same Exynos 850 chipset, a 90hz 720P PLS panel, and a 6000mAh battery.
What do you think of the Samsung F12? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch our review of the Samsung Galaxy A12 in Nepali.