We recently reported on the upcoming plans for MG Motors to bring its first electric vehicle to Nepal. At least in the Nepali market, Peugeot has beaten them to the punch.
We all are very familiar with Peugeot, the French Automaker, with premium cars like 2008, 508, 3008, and 5008 under its catalog. However, we have a new addition to the list which is quite different than the rest. Peugeot Partner Tepee EV is one of its kind cars that fits the global trend of going electric.
Shangrila Motors Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of PEUGEOT vehicles in Nepal, has launched the all-new Peugeot Partner Electric. This is a segment first for Peugeot, introducing an all-electric family car. You can go get one for yourself as Peugeot Partner Tepee EV price in Nepal is Rs. 60 Lakhs. Although, you might want to hurry because there are only 7-units* are available! (*as of this writing)
Partner Tepee EV Overview
At first glance, Partner EV looks like a normal fuel-driven car. But there’s more than meets the eye. Under the hood, you get an electric motor producing max power of 67HP and max torque of 200Nm. This is enough to get you from 30 to 60kmph in just 4.2 seconds. That’s not all! You can achieve up to 110kmph which is quite a marvel. Unfortunately, you don’t have a standard gearbox, instead, you get a single ration permanent drive reduction gear.
Likewise, it is equipped with a 22kWh Li-Ion battery that can give you a range of 170km. Since it’s an electric car, the charging time is a key element. It does a full charge in 8.5h or 15h depending on the power input (i.e., 14A and 8A respectively).
Partner Tepee EV Features
As a family car, you do get enough features, enough but not a lot. You get a 5-seater family car including an ample luggage space. Other than the large space and spacious boot, there isn’t much to talk about here. Of course, you get a standard 7-inch infotainment system with access to the radio, music, navigation, AC/Heater, etc.
Talking about the safety features, you will get Active City Brake, Reversing Camera, Parking Sensors, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Anti-Skid Regulation (ASR), Cruise Control and Speed Limiter.
However, essential safety features like Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) and Hill-Assist are missing. Given the expensive price tag, it seems like the Peugeot should have included them. Other than that, all the features do live up to its mark.
Peugeot Partner Tepee EV Key Specifications
- Engine: Electric Motor
- Mileage: up to 170km
- Transmission: Single Ration Permanent Drive Reduction Gear
- Max Power: 67 [email protected] 4000-9200 RPM
- Max Torque: 200Nm @ 1500 RPM
- Ground Clearance: 200mm
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Safety: Airbags, ACB, ESP, DSC with ASR
- Tires: 195/70 R 15 (Dual Disc)
Peugeot Partner Tepee EV Price in Nepal: Rs. 60,00,000
Peugeot claims the Partner EV to be economical, environment-friendly, versatile, and dynamic. Yes, the car is eco-friendly that saves you a lot of money. But there’s something missing. While I do agree with most of those claims, the thing I don’t is the price. At a price of Rs. 60 Lakhs, there must be more. For example, MG eZS looks premium and sporty that comes with a lot of features. Interestingly, it is priced similarly to the Partner EV. If given the choice, more are likely to choose MG over Peugeot. But that doesn’t mean Partner EV is a bad car. It’s just a great car that lacks something interesting.
What are your thoughts on the Partner Tepee EV? Will you be going electric? Between MG and Peugeot, which one would you choose? Tell us about your thoughts in the comments down below!
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…
- Jawa 42 Launched in Nepal: Classic Jawa in a Modern Avatar!Jawa 42 is now available in Nepal. Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of…