I am guessing that most of you guys haven’t heard of OTTO. Are they a new company? No. Well, how long have they been in Nepal? They have been selling smartphones in Nepal since the beginning of 2017. So they are already 2 years old. They were silent for the latter half of 2018 but it looks like they are back, back with a new smartphone
OTTO Ruble R5, like every other OTTO phone, belongs to the budget category. It costs just Rs. 6396. Why this odd pricing? I don’t know.
On the exterior, the phone is built of plastic at the back and looks good. It has a 5.0-inch Full View FWVGA screen that has an 18:9 aspect ratio. But the bezels at the top and the bottom look thick. The phone also has a 2.5 d curved glass that makes phone design more appealing.
Inside, the phone is powered by a Spreadtrum processor. And looking at the cost of the device, it will probably be just powerful enough to handle basic calls, text, and Facebook lite. This processor is helped by 512MB of RAM. That is a 0.5 GB RAM.
OTTO Ruble R5 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.0” 18:9 Full View Display FWVGA 1132×540 pixels
- Chipset: SC7731E
- GPU: GPU Mali [email protected]
- RAM: 512MB
- OS: Android GO based on Android Oreo 8.0
- Memory: 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB
- Primary Camera: 5MP with flash
- Secondary Camera: 2MP with flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery
OTTO Ruble R5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 6,396
But OTTO is clear about their target audience. Ruble R5 is for someone who wants to upgrade from their bar phone, or for someone who is looking for their first phone, or for someone who can’t afford a dime more than 7K. You know if you fall into any one of these categories.
The storage inside is just 8GB. But for the price, I think this is ample. Also, the OS is Android GO. Android GO is like a stripped version of Android Oreo that was built to work smoothly on low powered devices.
There are a single rear camera and a single front-facing camera. They have 5MP and 2MP resolution respectively. The photos taken from the device won’t be pretty as you want to, but what more can you expect at this price. Talking about the battery, the device has a 2000mAh battery which is ample for a single day of use as its paid with Android GO for power-efficient performance.
Overall, OTTO Ruble R5 is a good enough phone for the price but the competition – Xiaomi Redmi Go – is better in every way possible. However, you will have to spend about 2.5K more but that will give you a better phone. If you are someone looking for a phone in then under 10K price category, I suggest you check out our best smartphones under 10K list.
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 Signals Edition Launched in Nepal: What’s New?Royal Enfield Classic 350 Signals Edition is now in Nepal. Vivek Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., the…