Oppo launched the R17 pro in December 15th. It was a highly anticipated phone for its powerful triple camera setup. However, the price of the phone (Rs. 89,990) was way more than what we felt the phone deserved. But now, four months later, Oppo has dropped the price of the R17 Pro to Rs. 75,990. But is it any better than the OnePlus 6T at this price?Oppo R17 pro has a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen that gives you deep blacks and punchy colors. You won’t be disappointed with the screen on this phone. The teardrop notch adds to the pleasing and unique aesthetic of the phone as well. Within the notch is confined a 25MP f/2.0 selfie shooter. Gauging from the Oppo smartphones of the past, this will be a favorite among selfie lovers.
The 8GB RAM and 128GB storage will set any spec-lover’s heart racing. We don’t know how they will react to the Snapdragon 710 that is powering this device. Snapdragon 710 will absolutely kill at normal tasks and the 8GB RAM will be a beast when it comes to multitasking. But, the gaming performance won’t be as intense as that of the Snapdragon 800 series.
Oppo R17 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 8 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage(expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; 20 MP, f/2.6, AF; TOF 3D stereo camera
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, 20mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 0.9µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
OPPO R17 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 75,990
At the back, there are 3 vertically stacked camera sensors. The middle one is the main 12MP f/1.5, 2.4 variable aperture shooter. The topmost one is a 20MP depth sensor camera. And the rather odd-looking bottom unit is a 3D TOF (Time of Flight) Stereo sensor. This mainly aids in improved AR-emoji features. But no one will probably use it.There are other unique features that set this phone apart. For one, it has two batteries of 1850 mAh capacity inside. This lets OPPO implement their SuperVOOC technology that according to Android Authority charges the phone to 96% in 30 mins. That is probably the lowest charge time I have ever heard. Also, Oppo, like OnePlus, has implemented an under-screen fingerprint sensor.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
The only objective downsides with the phone itself seem to be the lack of headphone jack and the lack of water resistance. But the main drawback is the price. This phone still demands the price of the flagships but doesn’t deliver the performance. And this phone is so similar to the OnePlus 6T but has no discernible advantage over it. The weirder part is that its price is similar to the 6T. So, I still don’t recommend you guys buy this phone. Not when Samsung Galaxy S10e is available at a lower price.
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…
- Kia Niro EV Launched in Nepal for Rs. 66 Lakhs: A Practical Electric Small SUV?Review of: Kia Niro EVPrice:Rs. 66,00,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:3On July 18, 2019Last modified:July 18, 2019Summary:Likewise,…