Oppo played it safe till now in Nepal. They have only launched budget and mid-range smartphones in Nepal with Oppo F9 and Oppo A7 being the latest. But it all changes with the launch of Oppo R17 Pro. Oppo R17 Pro price in Nepal is set at Rs. 89,990. Yes! I didn’t see that coming either. I was speculating its price to be competitive and cheaper than the OnePlus 6T. But, Oppo Nepal proved me wrong. Way wrong to be precise.
Oppo R series phones are very popular and it was time Oppo Nepal brought these phones in Nepal. The R 17 Pro is much similar to the OnePlus 6T as OnePlus brazenly copied the design from their sister company. But OnePlus 6T is much more like flagship whereas the R17 Pro is a high-end mid-range smartphone. But it seems the other way around with the pricing. It’s baffling!
Oppo R17 pro has a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen that gives you deep blacks and punchy colors. You won’t be disappointed with the screen on this phone. The teardrop notch adds to the pleasing and unique aesthetic of the phone as well. Within the notch is confined a 25MP f/2.0 selfie shooter.
The 8GB RAM and 128GB storage will set any spec-lover’s heart racing. We don’t know how they will react to the Snapdragon 710 that is powering this device. Snapdragon 710 will absolutely kill at normal tasks and the 8GB RAM will be a beast when it comes to multitasking. But, the gaming performance won’t be as intense as that of the Snapdragon 800 series.
At the back, there are 3 vertically stacked camera sensors. The middle one is the main 12MP f/1.5, 2.4 variable aperture shooter. The topmost one is a 20MP depth sensor camera. And the rather odd-looking bottom unit is a 3D TOF (Time of Flight) Stereo sensor.
R17 Pro comes with a huge 3700 mAh battery that supports SuperVOOC Flash Charge (40% in 10 min).
Oppo R17 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 6/8 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage(expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; 20 MP, f/2.6, AF; TOF 3D stereo camera
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, 20mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 0.9µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
OPPO R17 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 89,990
Oppo R17 Pro is an impressive device. Performance wise it can handle most of the tasks easily and should have no problem running tanky games. The variable aperture camera with night mode will certainly help in improved low light shots and the front 25MP camera means you will get detailed selfies with the R17 Pro.
As I mentioned earlier I didn’t expect Oppo to put such a staggering price tag on the Oppo R17 Pro in Nepal. I guessed it would cost similar to the OnePlus 6T or even cheaper and could possibly rival the OnePlus. But, what are the people at Oppo Nepal smoking? 89K for the Oppo R17 Pro? A phone that doesn’t even have the Snapdragon 845?
This device looks good but the price certainly doesn’t. I mean you could get a Galaxy S9, fully decked out OnePlus 6T at that price. If people go out and buy this phone, they are 100% dumb!
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Review: Good UI, Even Better Camera & Best Battery!The Xiaomi Mi A3 is the third iteration of the A series from Xiaomi. Known…
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Mini SUV, Price Revealed: Open For Bookings in NepalCG MotoCorp, the authorized distributors of Suzuki cars in Nepal, has announced pre-bookings for its…
- Realme is Going after OnePlus and Xiaomi with its Latest Flagship, Realme X2 ProRealme, a Chinese company that came in to existence nearly a year and half ago…