Oppo has been a hit in Nepal. Its phones are a joy to use in the mid-range and budget segment. Oppo F9 has impressed us so much that we think it is one of the best mid-range smartphones of 2018. But the latest release, Oppo A7 was a downright disappointment that we strongly recommended our readers not to buy. It looks like Oppo listened to that criticism because Oppo is finally bringing a worthy compatriot of the F9 to Nepal; Oppo R17 Pro. And recently, Oppo is launching the Oppo R17 Pro in Nepal on December 15th.
Oppo R17 Pro is the latest smartphone in the new-to-Nepal Oppo R series. The design of the phone is identical to the OnePlus 6T but the vice versa is the more accurate description of reality as OnePlus uses Oppo’s designs for its phones. The tear-drop notch makes a come back. The back is made up of glass but wireless charging is missing. You can get the R17 Pro in bolder colors or combination of colors than the OnePlus 6T.
Oppo R17 pro has a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen that gives you deep blacks and punchy colors. You won’t be disappointed with the screen on this phone. The teardrop notch adds to the pleasing and unique aesthetic of the phone as well. Within the notch is confined a 25MP f/2.0 selfie shooter. Gauging from the Oppo smartphones of the past, this will be a favorite among selfie lovers.
The 8GB RAM and 128GB storage will set any spec-lover’s heart racing. We don’t know how they will react to the Snapdragon 710 that is powering this device. Snapdragon 710 will absolutely kill at normal tasks and the 8GB RAM will be a beast when it comes to multitasking. But, the gaming performance won’t be as intense as that of the Snapdragon 800 series.
Oppo R17 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 6/8 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage(expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; 20 MP, f/2.6, AF; TOF 3D stereo camera
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, 20mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 0.9µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
OPPO R17 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
At the back, there are 3 vertically stacked camera sensors. The middle one is the main 12MP f/1.5, 2.4 variable aperture shooter. The topmost one is a 20MP depth sensor camera. And the rather odd-looking bottom unit is a 3D TOF (Time of Flight) Stereo sensor. This mainly aids in improved AR-emoji features. But no one will probably use it.
There are other unique features that set this phone apart. For one, it has two batteries of 1850 mAh capacity inside. This lets OPPO implement their SuperVOOC technology that according to Android Authority charges the phone to 96% in 30 mins. That is probably the lowest charge time I have ever heard. Also, Oppo, like OnePlus, has implemented an under-screen fingerprint sensor.
So far, all the hands-on reviews for the phone have been positive. The only objective downsides of this phone seem to be the lack of headphone jack and the lack of water resistance. But the prior complaint is not a complaint in 2018 and the latter is not expected in the price range this phone might launch in. So, if you are in the market for the lookout of a high-end mid-range device, say around 50K-60K, Oppo R17 pro is a phone to keep an eye on.
- Vivo Y17 with AI Triple Camera and 5000 mAh Battery Launched in NepalReview of: Vivo Y17Price:Rs. 31,490Reviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On May 25, 2019Last modified:May 25, 2019Summary:Overall, Vivo…
- New and Upcoming Scooters in NepalReview of: New and Upcoming Scooters in NepalPrice:TBAReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On May 24, 2019Last modified:May…
- New and Upcoming Bikes in NepalReview of: New and upcoming bikes in NepalProduct by: Jubin K.C.Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On May…