Oppo has launched yet another interesting phone this year. As they revealed the pricing and availability for the R17 which was launched last month, Oppo launched the beefed up version of the R17, the Oppo R17 Pro in China.
This newest phone from Oppo phone has a 6.4-inch AMOLED display that sports a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on top and has an in-display fingerprint sensor! The resolution of the display is full HD+ (2340×1080). Might we say, the screen looks fabulous with the teardrop-shaped notch and practically no bezels on the sides?
The Oppo R17 Pro packs a Snapdragon 710 chipset paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage and no microSD card support. There’s also an Adreno 616 graphics inside.
Oppo R17 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2340 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Memory: 128 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS ; 20 MP, f/2.6, AF; TOF 3D stereo
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP (f/2.0)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3700 mAh battery
OPPO R17 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
The most remarkable feature of this phone must be the triple lens rear camera setup. It’s just like on the Huawei P20 Pro but the specs are a little different, the R17 pro has a 20MP main lens, a 12MP secondary lens, and a “3D stereo camera” lens. The first lens seems to be like the variable aperture lens that we saw from the Galaxy S9. The third lens is supposedly more for AR features than camera snapshots, but until the R17 Pro becomes available at physical stores it will be hard to tell what these cameras can really do.
The fingerprint sensor is still under the display. But that’s not the only interesting thing inside this phone. The R17 Pro has two batteries: both with a capacity of 1,850mAh for a combined equivalent of 3,700mAh. Taken together, Oppo claims that the maximum charging power is close to 50W and you’ll get a 40% charge in only ten minutes. This phone also ships with Super VOOC, Oppo’s very own fast charging solution.
Still, many things remain to be uncovered about this phone. We will keep you posted as details come in.
Excited about the Oppo R17 Pro? Let us know in the comments below!
- Relief Packages Introduced by the Government That We Techies Must Know!The two-week lockdown imposed by the government has caused a huge disruption in the day-to-day…
- It’s Official: OnePlus is All Set to Unveil its 2020 Flagships on April 14!The long wait for flagship killers is finally coming to an end. After pushing the…
- JEEVEE, Nepali Online Medicine Delivery Platform Marches Forward with a Leap of Faith Amid LockdownWith the extension of the on-going lockdown, the lingering signs of fear and desperation are…