Look who’s back. The original Oppo F9 was launched in August 2018 in Nepal. It was one of the best midrange phones of 2018 in my opinion. The form factor of the phone was just great, the performance was equally good. Oppo released two more phones – Oppo A7 and Oppo R17 Pro – to steal F9’s thunder but both have been overpriced pieces of tech that couldn’t ever compete with the F9.
So, they are using a new strategy – making customers think they are buying a new phone by bringing in a new color variant of their most popular phone. This is not the first time Oppo did this. Oppo introduced the Starry Purple version of the Oppo F9 in early October, just two months after the regular variants of the Oppo F9.
Now, Oppo has brought a beautiful limited edition jade green colored Oppo F9 to Nepal. The Oppo F9 Jade Green has been launched in Nepal and comes at a price tag of Rs. 41,590.
On the inside, the jade green Oppo F9 is still the F9 we know and love. There’s a MediaTek Helio P60 processor that can handle most of your task in a jiffy and can even game a little. The 4GB RAM means smooth multitasking without any worries. And the 64GB internal storage is more than enough for all the games and photos you may want to click.
The major marketing material for the F9 has been VOOC flash charging capability which, Oppo says, gives the phone 2 hrs of talk time when charged for 5 min. To our knowledge, this is similar to OnePlus’ dash charge. That means that the phone has one of the fastest charging capability in the smartphone world.
Oppo F9 Key Specifications
- Launch Date: August 2018
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6771 Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: dual 16 MP, f/1.9, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
OPPO F9 Price in Nepal: Rs. 41,590 (4GB)
Obviously, Oppo being Oppo, the cameras are one of the headlining features. There is a 25 MP selfie camera behind that tiny notch which takes sharp and detailed selfies. There are dual rear cameras on the back that have features like artistic portrait mode which lets you apply several filters like film light and tonal light to give distinctive effects to your photos. Another cool feature is that google lens is built into the camera software.
For a phone under 50K, Oppo F9 has compelling and attractive features that sets it apart from other competitors. Though it isn’t on par with the performance of the Nova 3, it gets pretty close to give you similar features for 18K less. And with this new color, it is an even more attractive buy.
Watch our video – “Top #7 Features of OPPO F9 | VOOC Fast Charging & More”:
- What is HMS? Can You Live With Only HMS on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro? [Explained]Huawei Mate 30 Pro is Huawei’s latest flagship and its finally available in Nepal. But…
- Samsung A71 with Stylish Design and Quad-Camera Launching in Nepal SoonSamsung has started the new decade by refreshing its lineup of mid-range phones. A-series has…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus Pre-bookings in Nepal to Start Next Week!Every year tons of phones are unboxed and amongst them are those that are phenomenal…