Oppo, the smartphone company that claims to be the “selfie-expert”, has reduced the price of one of its budget offering; Oppo A3s. There are 2 versions of Oppo A3s, the 2GB version and the 3GB version. The 3GB version cost Rs. 26,490 previously, but now it is available for Rs. 24,590. That is a reduction of Rs. 1900. There is no reduction in price for the 2GB version that costs Rs. 19,490.
The first thing you guys have to know is that A3s definitely looks good for a phone under 25K for the 3GB variant. The 19:9 aspect ratio screen and the minimal bezels all make the phone look like it is more expensive than its price suggests. The notch helps in that department too. But, if you were hoping for a teardrop notch, you will be disappointed.
Inside, the A3s is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 which is an entry-level chipset from Qualcomm. This processor works in tandem with the Adreno 506. Apps like Facebook and YouTube will run smoothly but the multitasking experience may suffer from 2GB RAM. 3GB RAM is fine though. As for the internal storage, you’ll have to buy an external storage card the day you buy the phone because 16GB storage runs out very fast.
Oppo A3s Key Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720×1520 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Memory: 2GB RAM/ 16GB internal storage; 3GB RAM/ 32GB internal storage ; expandable using external micro-SD card
- Primary Camera: 13 MP + 2MP
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
OPPO A3s Price in Nepal: Rs. 19,490 (2GB)/ 24,590 (3GB)
The A3s has a dual 12MP + 2MP primary camera setup. Looking at past cameras from Oppo, it will click decent photos in good lighting conditions. Oppo made its name by marketing itself as the phone for selfie fanatics and we hope to get a good shot out of the 8MP front camera of the A3s. And you might get one as the AI 2.0 software found on the F7 and the F7 Youth make its way here. For the price, you’ll probably be satisfied with these cameras. But be sure to check it out before you buy the phone.
But, not having a fingerprint sensor is a big headache. Since it’s a budget phone I do not think you can solely rely on face unlock to work in low light or night conditions. Oppo A3s is a good budget smartphone; 4230mAh battery and 6.2-inch screen on a budget phone is massive. While the notch and the AI camera may not be appealing for everyone, the battery certainly is eye-catching. The phone will probably last you more than a day and a half on a single charge.
But, before you decide on buying the phone, know that there are phones that may be more suited to from other manufacturers like Xiaomi and Huawei. Some of the competitors of the A3S are Redmi 5, Vivo V7, Oppo A71, and the Xiaomi Mi A2 lite.
- Bajaj Pulsar NS 200, with Single-Channel ABS and FI Engine, Launched in NepalFinally! Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 ABS FI is here! After much speculations, Bajaj Nepal has…
- Tootle, Nepali Ride-Sharing App, Goes 24×7!After Pathao’s arrival, it definitely stirred some pot in the Nepali ride-hailing scene. Some were…
- Ncell Brings All Net Voice Pack: 20 Minutes of Talk Time for All Networks at Just Rs. 20Good News for Ncell prepaid customers! Ncell has just brought in the “All Net Voice…