As per Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), Nepal has ended load-shedding in the industrial sector as well.
- It has been around a year since the load-shedding in the residential area ended.
- NEA released a statement on Sunday, saying that the load-shedding would be stopped from Monday.
- Until Saturday, industrial areas had a daily load shedding of 3 hours.
Why it matters:
- This marks the complete end of load-shedding in Nepal. Back in September 2016, load-shedding first ended in Kathmandu valley and eventually it ended throughout the country.
- According to NEA Managing Director Kulman Singh Ghising, load-shedding was ended formally due to rise in water level in the rivers boosting electricity production from the run-of-the-river hydropower projects, managing available electricity better and increasing the import of electricity from India.
- Siemens Selected by NEA to Enhance Capacity of Load Dispatch Center
- NEA has Discredited All Rumors About Continuing Load-shedding
- NEA to Produce 800MW Power in the Next 18 Months
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…