Nepal Flying Labs was one of the five teams receiving the AUVSI XCELLENCE Humanitarian Award. The award is given to honor the recipients for using drones for disaster management, medical assistance, and search-and-rescue operations at locations around the world.
The award was presented at the AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2018 conference at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
They provide training, equipment, and their expertise to new local drone-based service providers. They also conduct robotics related projects in collaboration with national and International organizations.
All the five recipients of the award will equally divide a $25,000 donation as prizes. The other recipients of the award are:
- Aeryon Labs Inc., Aeryon SkyRanger UAS Provides Critical Aerial Intelligence to First Responders in Sint Maarten in the Wake of Hurricane Irma (Canada)
- DroneSAR, DroneSAR UAV Search & Rescue (SAR) Solution – Executing Autonomous Aerial Search and Delivering Live Drone Data to Augment First Response Efforts (Ireland)
- ONG DroneSAR Chile, Emergency Response Team and Humanitarian Aid Through the Use of Drones (Chile)
- Zipline International, Zipline’s Medical Drone Delivery Operation in Rwanda (Rwanda)
The association for unmanned vehicle systems international (AUVSI) is the world’s largest nonprofit organization devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community.
- Nepali-American Working on Building a Human Rescue Drone
- Home Ministry Plans to Use Drones For Surveillance Along Border
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New One or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 Signals Edition Launched in Nepal: What’s New?Royal Enfield Classic 350 Signals Edition is now in Nepal. Vivek Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., the…