Nepal Flying Labs was one of the five teams receiving the AUVSI XCELLENCE Humanitarian Award. The award is given to honor the recipients for using drones for disaster management, medical assistance, and search-and-rescue operations at locations around the world.
The award was presented at the AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2018 conference at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
They provide training, equipment, and their expertise to new local drone-based service providers. They also conduct robotics related projects in collaboration with national and International organizations.
All the five recipients of the award will equally divide a $25,000 donation as prizes. The other recipients of the award are:
- Aeryon Labs Inc., Aeryon SkyRanger UAS Provides Critical Aerial Intelligence to First Responders in Sint Maarten in the Wake of Hurricane Irma (Canada)
- DroneSAR, DroneSAR UAV Search & Rescue (SAR) Solution – Executing Autonomous Aerial Search and Delivering Live Drone Data to Augment First Response Efforts (Ireland)
- ONG DroneSAR Chile, Emergency Response Team and Humanitarian Aid Through the Use of Drones (Chile)
- Zipline International, Zipline’s Medical Drone Delivery Operation in Rwanda (Rwanda)
The association for unmanned vehicle systems international (AUVSI) is the world’s largest nonprofit organization devoted exclusively to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community.
- Nepali-American Working on Building a Human Rescue Drone
- Home Ministry Plans to Use Drones For Surveillance Along Border
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
Collateral-free and Paperless “FoneLoan” is a New Drive in the Banking SectorThe lending landscape has been changing with the increasing adoption of digitization among banks and…
Draft e-Commerce Bill: Major Highlights and Issues Raised by the StakeholdersThe smartphone revolution and increasing internet penetration is creating fertile ground for the e-commerce market.…
Super Soco CUx First Ride: Judging a Book by Its CoverAfter its first unveiling at NADA Auto Show, Super Soco has finally entered the Nepali…
OnePlus 9 with Snapdragon 888 Finally Launched in NepalOnePlus unveiled the OnePlus 9 series on March 23rd and now the OnePlus 9 is…
Mi Band 6 with SpO2 Sensor to Launch in Nepal SoonXiaomi is set to update its fitness tracker lineup with the launch of Mi Band…