Nepal’s Home Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa launched an 82-point home administration reform plan of action on Monday, in which he has proposed using drones for Nepal-India border security, reports Online Khabar.
Why it matters:
- Till date, Nepal government doesn’t allow drones to fly in its territory.
- However, drones can be used effectively instead of investing manpower to patrol the 17,000 km open border shared by Nepal and India.
- There have been numerous border issues with India including trafficking, and smuggling.
What they are saying:
- Home Minister Thapa said, “The home ministry is introducing new guidelines on using drones, and it was now essential to use drones at Nepal-India border for patrolling.”
- Thapa said that on the Indian side, there are security posts every kilometre, whereas the distance between two nearest posts on the Nepali side is 25 kilometres.
- “The government will make the necessary amendments in the regulations concerning flying of drones as per the changing time and situation and implement them,” according to the 82-point program announced by the ministry.
- Home Ministry Spokesperson R K Subedi says that there is no plan mentioned in the ministry’s reform plan to deploy drones to patrol Nepal-India border, adding, “We are planning to reform our regulations so that drone could be allowed to fly in Nepalese territory.”
- Mr. Thapa also said that special campaign will be launched in the border area to check use of narcotics.
- “The government will set up warehouse facilities in all seven provinces across the country to store essential goods for the purpose of disaster management”, he added.
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
- Election Candidate using Drone To Attract Voters
- Integrated Check Post Construction Begins in Nepalgunj
Experts Urge to Refine ‘Cybersecurity Policy 2021 Draft’, say there are Ample Gaps to be FulfilledDigitization has eased our life in many ways. Meanwhile, as everything is connected to the…
Understanding Electric Vehicle Tax Structure in Nepal: Past and Present!The EV sector in Nepal is a growing market, still decades away from its full…
ZTE Blade A71 with Helio P22 to Launch Soon in NepalZTE is set to make comeback with ZTE Blade A71 in Nepal. They have been…
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Expected to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite which was unveiled last month is set to launch in…
Samsung Galaxy A22 with Helio G80 Expected to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung is expected to launch the Samsung Galaxy A22 in Nepal alongside the Samsung M32.…