Nepal’s Home Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa launched an 82-point home administration reform plan of action on Monday, in which he has proposed using drones for Nepal-India border security, reports Online Khabar.
Why it matters:
- Till date, Nepal government doesn’t allow drones to fly in its territory.
- However, drones can be used effectively instead of investing manpower to patrol the 17,000 km open border shared by Nepal and India.
- There have been numerous border issues with India including trafficking, and smuggling.
What they are saying:
- Home Minister Thapa said, “The home ministry is introducing new guidelines on using drones, and it was now essential to use drones at Nepal-India border for patrolling.”
- Thapa said that on the Indian side, there are security posts every kilometre, whereas the distance between two nearest posts on the Nepali side is 25 kilometres.
- “The government will make the necessary amendments in the regulations concerning flying of drones as per the changing time and situation and implement them,” according to the 82-point program announced by the ministry.
- Home Ministry Spokesperson R K Subedi says that there is no plan mentioned in the ministry’s reform plan to deploy drones to patrol Nepal-India border, adding, “We are planning to reform our regulations so that drone could be allowed to fly in Nepalese territory.”
- Mr. Thapa also said that special campaign will be launched in the border area to check use of narcotics.
- “The government will set up warehouse facilities in all seven provinces across the country to store essential goods for the purpose of disaster management”, he added.
- Mahabir Pun’s National Innovation Centre Tests Medi-copters to Treat Patients in Remote Areas
- Election Candidate using Drone To Attract Voters
- Integrated Check Post Construction Begins in Nepalgunj
Graphic Designers in Nepal Raise Concern Over Plagiarism, Suggest Brands to be SensibleRecently, a reputed scooter brand copied an artwork of Indra Jatra and published it in…
Lenovo Laptops Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsLenovo is a multinational Chinese technology corporation well known for its laptops. The company offers…
Dell Laptops Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsDell is an American brand that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products…
“Huawei Cloud’s Everything as a Service Model will Power all Industry Domains in Nepal”, says Ivan MoHuawei Technologies Co. Limited’s newly established business group, Huawei Cloud aims to become Asia’s top…