Mi Band is synonymous with affordable fitness trackers. It’s affordable but provides plenty of features. And now we have a new Mi Band to talk about. After teasing its latest fitness band via social media channels, Mi Nepal has finally launched the Mi Band 5 in Nepal.
Mi Band 5 price in Nepal is Rs. 4,499 and it will be available across Mi Stores and online partners soon. Though we haven’t received any confirmation, it looks like that this is the non-NFC variant.
Mi Band 5 looks exactly like the older Mi Band 4 but there are quite a lot of improvements in this affordable fitness tracker. Major upgrades include a bigger display, enhanced fitness tracking, and a new charging mechanism.
Mi Band 4 was a huge hit and it’s a very affordable tracker. So, what do we get with the new Mi Band 5? Let’s take a look!
Mi Band 5 Specifications
- Size and Weight: 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4mm, Standard: 11.9g and NFC: 12.1g
- Display: 1.1-inch AMOLED 2.5D color touch screen, 126 x 294 pixels resolution
- Wrist Band: TPU
- Wrist Buckle: Aluminium
- Sensors: Heart rate sensor, NFC, Accelerometer, Barometer, Proximity sensor
- Battery: 100mAh,14-day battery life (advertised)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- RAM and Storage: 512KB RAM and 16MB Storage
- Charging Method: Magnetic
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (50m water-resistant)
- Alerts and Controls: Calls
- App notifications
- Music control
- Remote camera control
- Find my phone
- Os Support: Android 5.0+ or iOS 10.0+
Mi Band 5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 4,499
Mi Band 5 Overview
Mi Band 5 now has a 1.1-inch AMOLED screen with a screen resolution of 126×294. Mi Band 4 had a 0.95-inch display, so it’s a 20 percent increase in terms of screen real estate.
Along with the new display, MI Band 5 will also get 100+ new animated watch faces from popular animated series such as Neon genesis, Evangelion, Hatsun Miku, and SpongeBob SquarePants.
Mi Band 5 looks like the Mi Band 4 and there haven’t been many design changes. While the body is more or less the same, the circular capacitive button has been replaced with an inverted ‘U’ button.
And, like the Mi Band 4, Mi Band 5 is still water-resistant up to 50 meters/ 5ATM.
MI band 5 also gets an improved processor which will help in faster and accurate tracking. Else, it has 512KB RAM and 16MB storage.
Except for this, it has Heart rate, Accelerometer, Barometer, Proximity, and NFC. And, it supports Bluetooth 5.0.
Another change is the new magnetic charging mechanism. Now, there are two electrodes on the bottom part of the Mi Band 5 to which the charging dock will automatically hook.
In previous iterations like Mi Band 4, the tracker had to be separated from the strap to be placed into the charging case. So, the new mechanism is much more convenient and faster.
Talking about the battery, it has a 100mAh battery and Xiaomi claims it will last for 14 days.
New Sports Modes
Mi Band 5 gets several new sports modes. There are now 11 sports modes compared to 5 on the Mi Band 4. All the available modes are mentioned below:
- Outdoor running
- Pool Swimming
- Rowing Machine (New)
- Jump Rope (New)
- Indoor Cycling (New)
- Yoga (New)
Menstrual Tracking and PAI Vitality Index
Other new tracking features include menstruation cycle tracking, breath training, and a PAI vitality index. PAI stands for Personal Activity Intelligence which provides you a score between 1-100 based on your daily activity and heart rate. This feature is borrowed from Huami’s Amazfit.
Remote Camera Shutter
Xiaomi has added a remote camera shutter feature in the Mi Band 5. You can easily take group photos or some creative solo selfies with the touch of a button.
NFC and Voice Assistant
Mi Band 5 comes in two variants: one with NFC and one without NFC. China will get the Mi Band 5 with NFC support and XiaoAI voice assistant. But it’s not confirmed if the global variant will have these features or not.
Mi Band 5 Price in Nepal and Availability
Mi Band 5 price in Nepal is Rs. 4,499. Given the older Mi Band 4 was priced at Rs. 4,400, Mi Band 5 price looks pretty good. Mi Band 5 will be available across Mi store and online partners soon.
Xiaomi Nepal hasn’t mentioned anything about the NFC in their reveal post. So, this is most likely the non-NFC version. Mi Band 5 looks really good and it is no doubt one of the best affordable fitness band. It has received much-needed improvements from the Mi Band 4.
What are your thoughts about the new Mi Band 5? Did you like the upgrade it has over Mi Band 4? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mi Band 5 available in Nepal?
Yes, Mi Band 5 has launched in Nepal and will be available to buy soon.
What is the price of Mi Band 5 in Nepal?
The Mi Band 5 price in Nepal is Rs. 4,499.
Where can I buy Mi Band 5 in Nepal?
You will be able to buy Mi Band 5 from Mi stores and online partner stores.
What are the color options available on Mi Band 5?
Mi Band 5 is available in Black color.
More on Xiaomi:
- Redmi Note 9 Pro with Snapdragon 720G Launched in Nepal: A True Successor?
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 5G with 108MP Camera and SD 865 in Nepal at Rs. 89,999
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite with Snapdragon 730G Launched in Nepal
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…