Ladies and Gentleman! Finally, the day has come! KTM has officially launched the KTM Duke 790 in India.
So? Why am I so excited?
Dude. It’s KTM Duke 790! Furthermore, KTM Duke 390 kind of felt left out, especially with the plethora of powerful motorcycle available in the market.
So, KTM decided to bring in the big guns. It is a bigger and stronger brother to Duke 390. Moreover, it lives up to the expectations, bringing in all the raw KTM performance.Obviously, you are here for the pricing, right? As for the pricing, KTM Duke 790 price in India is set at INRs. 8,63,000! If you remember, KTM Duke 125 price in Nepal is Rs. 4,49,000. Likewise, here’s the list of KTM Bikes price in Nepal.
While you’d pay that much for a 125cc KTM engine, the bigger sibling comes with a 799cc engine. You do the math!
SEE ALSO: KTM Bikes Price in Nepal
Taking that into account, KTM Duke 790 price in Nepal is expected to cost as much as a top-variant hatchback. That’s if, KTM Duke 790 is confirmed for a launch in Nepal.
KTM Duke 790 Overview
KTM Duke 790 is powered by the new 799cc LC8, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine. Moreover, it can generate a max power of 105PS at 95000rpm. Likewise, it can generate a max torque of 86Nm at 8000rpm. Furthermore, it is mated to a 6-speed manual along with the slipper clutch. Additionally, it comes with a ground clearance of 186mm and fuel capacity of 14L.
Talking about the features, you will get all the “standard” KTM features. You’ll get a full-LED headlamp, color TFT instrument cluster, traction control, dual-channel ABS, cornering ABS, multiple power modes, launch control, and wheelie control!
Comparing with the Duke 390, it feels very familiar. Yet, Duke 790 feels like a class of its own. Honestly, it comes with bigger dimensions, entirely different frame, exhaust, wheels, and tail section. Everything looks so familiar yet so very different!
KTM Duke 790 Key Specifications
- Engine Displacement: 799cc (Twin-Cylinder)
- Mileage: 10 – 15kmpl
- Top Speed: 160kmph
- Max Power: 105PS @ 9500rpm
- Max Torque: 87Nm @ 8000rpm
- Gears: 6 (Slipper Clutch)
- Fuel Tank: 14 liters
- Braking: Dual Disc (with ABS)
- Weight (Kerb) : 174 kg
KTM Duke 790 Price in India: INRs. 8,63,000
KTM Duke 790 Price in Nepal: TBA
Will KTM Duke 790 Launch in Nepal?
I’ll be honest here… I don’t think so. Right off the bat, it’s a 790cc motorcycle. As much as people love to ride a sporty superbike, the cost of owning one is just ridiculous.
Again, Duke 125 costs Rs. 4.49 Lakhs. And, that’s a 125cc motorcycle! Even if KTM does bring it in Nepal, who’s going to buy it?
Okay, I don’t know how to react to this. I want to see it in the streets of Kathmandu. But deep down I know that I never will.
It’s awesome that KTM launched the Duke 790 in India. Moreover, it checks off everything you need from a sporty naked motorcycle. Theoretically, it’s a dream bike for all of us! Unfortunately, the pricing says otherwise.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…