Among many automobile brands in the world, Jeep is one of those which needs little to no introduction. It is an iconic 4×4 sports utility vehicle for the past 70 years. The readers might recognize Jeep Wrangler which was popularized due to its appearance in Jurassic Park in 1993. Other Jeep vehicles include Compass, Renegade, and Cherokee. Each vehicle, specifically designed and built for a unique experience.
Among them, Jeep Compass has made its way into the Nepali market. The authorized distributors, Morang Auto Works Pvt. Ltd., has been established a new showroom at Naxal featuring the Jeep Compass. The car was launched at the NADA Auto Show event to the public. Jeep Compass 2018 price in Nepal starts from Rs. 68.5 Lakhs. The price pushes it towards a more premium side, but the customers can expect a mix of luxury, safety, and comfort with the Jeep Compass.
Jeep Compass Overview
Jeep Compass comes in both petrol and diesel variant. It powered by a 1.4L Multi-air petrol engine and 2.0L MultiJet diesel engine producing max power of 162PS and 173PS, max torque of 250Nm and 350Nm respectively. The performance adds up to 16kmpl in mileage (with 60-liter fuel tank) while reaching the top speed of 186km/h.
Going into the suspension, it’s a McPherson Strut with Lower Control Arm Disc in the front and Multi-Link Suspension with Strut Assembly on the back. It gets a 16-inch radial tubeless tires with Disc brake. Furthermore, the petrol engine gets six-speed gearbox in manual, and seven-speed gear in automatic. Unfortunately, diesel variant is only available in the six-speed manual gearbox with drive modes for snow, sand, and mud.
Inside, it comes with abundance list of features. It is equipped with Day/Night Rearview Mirror, ABS, TCS, Central Locking, ESP, AC, Heater, Infotainment System and much more. It’s has a seating capacity of 5 and a large boot space of 408-liters.
Jeep Compass is available in six different colors: Vocal White, Minimal Grey, Magnesia Grey, Hydro Blue, Exotica Red, and Brilliant Black.
Jeep Compass 2018 Key Specifications (Base variant)
- Engine: 1.4L MultiAir Turbo Petrol / 2.0L MultiJet Turbo Diesel
- Displacement: 1368cc
- Mileage: 16 kmpl
- Transmission: 6-speed manual / 7-speed automatic
- Max Power: 160BHP at 3750 RPM
- Max Torque: 250 NM at 1750 RPM
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 60L
- Ground Clearance: 178 mm
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Curb Weight: 1537kg
- Brakes: Disk (Front) & Drum (Rear), ABS
- Safety: Airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP, BA
Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Sports M.Air – Petrol): Rs. 70,90,000
Other Variants (Petrol):
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Limited M.Air DDCT AT): Rs. 88,50,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Limited[O] M.Air DDCT AT): Rs. 91,90,000
Other Variants (Diesel):
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Sport): Rs. 77,90,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Longitude): Rs. 80,90,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Longitude [O]): Rs. 82,90,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Limited 4×2): Rs. 89,40,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Limited 4×2 [O]): Rs. 91,40,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Limited 4×4): Rs 96,90,000
- Jeep Compass 2018 Price in Nepal (Limited 4×4 [O]): Rs. 98,90,000
(Price Updated as of 18 February 2019)
Jeep Compass shares its design similarities with its sibling Jeep Cherokee. The unique seven front-grills and chrome lining are inspired from Cherokee, making people call Compass sort of “Mini Cherokee”. The interior looks and feels amazing. Although every compact Suv are starting to look similar thanks to in the redundant design, Jeep has a distinct aura that sets it apart from the others.
Jeep Compass has nailed it in both exterior and interior design. Every little detail gives it a more premium look and feels that it is. Although, it does lack in some features like auto-dimming mirrors, larger infotainment screen, and hill assist. But the main problem is the infotainment screen. It looks small, outdated, largely unresponsive. Jeep should at least try to fix this with a future update, especially considering the price you are willing to pay for it. While I believe Toyota Rush and Mahindra XUV 500 offers more features for its price.
- Honor Magic Watch 2 Launched in Nepal: A Reasonable Tracker for Fitness Buffs!Tell me, what is that you, as a fitness buff look for in a tracker?…
- Realme 5i Now Officially Launched in Nepal for Rs 20,990With the end of 2019, a lot of companies won some battles but lost the…
- Lava Benco V7 Launched in Nepal: A Worthy Entry Level Smartphone?Around 3 months ago, it seemed like Lava was on the brink of extinction. Its…