Jawa Classic is a motorcycle from a by-gone era, brought back to life with a magical combination of classic design and modern engineering.
Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Jawa bikes in Nepal, has launched the new Jawa Classic.
Retro motorcycles have always seemed to tuck at our heartstrings. Unsurprisingly, Jawa Nepal hopes to capture that same love and attention.
Let’s start with the pricing, Jawa Classic price in Nepal is Rs. 6,48,500 (Single-Channel ABS – Drum) and Rs. 6,76,500 (Dual-Channel ABS – Disc).
Compared to the rivals, the Jawa makes its entry shrouded by polarizing views and reviews. Frankly, the “high price” compared to its competitors did little to help.
Why is Jawa Classic pricer compared to its rivals? Does it justify its asking price?
We will answer that question in our Full Review. In the meantime, we have just enough experience in our bags for the Jawa Classic First Ride.
Jawa Classic Specifications
- Engine Type: Single-Cylinder FI Engine
- BS6 Compliant: Yes
- Displacement: 293cc
- Cooling System: Liquid Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self Starter Only
- Max Power: 27 BHP
- Max Torque: 28 Nm
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Top Speed: 135 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13-liters
- Mileage: 37 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 90/90-18 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 120/80-17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS (Dual-Channel ABS Optional)
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic and Twin Hydraulic
- Seat Height: 765 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Kerb Weight: 170 kg
- Colors: Jawa Maroon, Jawa Black, Jawa Grey
Jawa Classic Price in Nepal: Rs. 6,48,500 (Single-channel ABS) / Rs. 6,76,500 (Dual-channel ABS)
Jawa Classic First Ride
Inspired by the 1970s era, the Jawa Classic tries to bring back the retro charm. Looking at it in flesh, it is quite successful in doing so.
The shiny chrome matched with metallic paint seems to reaffirm its iconic heritage.
Jawa wants you to remember that you are riding a Jawa motorcycle, with its “Jawa” logos placed almost everywhere from engine casing to headlamp to instrument console.
Starting from the front, it gets a circular halogen headlamp alongside two smaller indicators. All the elements are brought together by the iconic Jawa logo placed right at the center.
If you place yourself in the riding position, you will notice a single-piece handlebar with bulky handles, metal levers, chromed circular mirrors, and an inverted analog cluster.
Moving to the side, it still comes forth with a similar look and feel.
The overall design, thanks to the placement of components, looks very satisfying. Maybe it is due to the over-saturation of Royal Enfields in the Nepali market, Jawa comes across as unique and different.
Staying on the side, you will notice shiny new chrome almost everywhere.
It gets a metallic 14-liter fuel tank, complete with a large metallic engine, and a long metal exhaust on both sides.
Both front and rear tyres get spoke wheels, compete with long metal fenders typically expected in a retro bike.
Jawa Classic is available in three different color options: Jawa Maroon, Jawa Black, Jawa Grey.
Almost all of these are my favorite color options.
BSVI-Compliant Fuel-Injected Engine
Jawa Classic gets a BS6-Compliant Engine which is a 293cc, Single-Cylinder, 4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, Fuel Injected DOHC engine.
It can generate a max power of 26.51PS and max torque of 28Nm. Moreover, it is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
Talking about the suspension setup, it gets a standard Telescopic Hydraulic Fork at the front and Twin Shock Hydraulic at the rear.
Moving to the braking performance, it is available in both Traditional Braking Option (Disc-Drum) and Dual Disc Braking Options.
If you choose the one with the standard braking option, you will get a Single-Channel ABS. Similarly, the Dual-Disc variant comes with a Dual-Channel ABS.
Jawa Classic Feature Highlights
- 300cc BS6-Compliant FI Engine
- Halogen Lighting System
- 1970s Inspired Retro Design
- Premium Metal Body Feel with Chrome Finish
- Analog Instrument Cluster with Digital Odometer
- Twin Exhaust System
- Standard Braking System (Disc Optional)
- Single-Channel ABS (Dual-Channel ABS Optional)
First Ride Experience
Jawa Classic is a new brand in Nepal making its way into the retro category, which was already dominated by the Royal Enfields.
It will take some time before it garners the same level of respect and admiration of its rivals.
However, I don’t think it will take as long as haters might expect it to. Based on an hour ride, I can tell you that the engine refinement is awesome.
The level of vibration is minimal in lower RPMs and noticeable in higher RPMs. However, the noticeable vibrations are mostly limited to the footpegs.
Nonetheless, there are vibrations feel in handlebars as well. However, it isn’t as bothersome as felt in the Royal Enfields.
Talking about the braking performance, it showcases a responsive feel where the rider feels in total control.
The braking performance is surprisingly good, even in the standard disc-drum combo.
Moving on to the suspension setup, the travel is definitely short. The overall experience is bumpy and stiff on rough roads with a smoother ride experience on highways.
So far, I have one complaint: 165mm ground clearance.
While Royal Enfield Classic 350 also comes even lesser ground clearance of 135mm, Jawa could have done something to add advantage over the rivals.
I will definitely test the Jawa Classic further on its performance, features, and more. Until then, this has been the First Ride experience of the new Jawa Classic in Nepal.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…