Another budget smartphone is out in the Nepali market from Huawei and it is the new Huawei Y7 Prime. This smartphone has been launched in Nepal for the price of Rs. 24,900, and with every the Huawei Y7 Prime, you will be getting a free selfie stick as well.
Nowadays many companies are releasing budget smartphones in Nepal for the Nepali customers and the market is being really hard to compete. With the brands like Xiaomi, Gionee, Oppo and even Samsung budget smartphones, can the Huawei Y7 Prime make its stand in the Nepali market?
The new Huawei Y7 Prime has a 5.5 inch LCD HD display with 2.5D curved glass. The body of the phone shares similar curved design like the screen with rounded corners and sides. This design with a metallic build gives a nice in-hand feel while using the phone. The back of the phone houses a fingerprint scanner with a rear facing camera.
Breaking down the specs of the phone, inside the phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Octa-core MSM8940 processor clocked at 1.4GHz which can give you a decent amount of performance for your normal day-to-day usage. The device comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded via hybrid MicroSD card slot. The device also has 4000 mAh battery which can easily last you more than a day with your daily tasks.
Don’t Miss: Huawei Y5 2017 With 2GB RAM Launched in Nepal
Using the camera for a while, the 12MP rear facing shooter with f/2.0 aperture can give decent images under good lighting conditions. Huawei claims that with its next generation camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) can bring the subject into focus in just 0.3 seconds, so users can get sharp photos in a snap. But we will be testing more with this camera in our full review. This phone is equipped with an 8MP selfie shooter with the same aperture lens.
[bctt tweet=”#Huawei Y7 Prime #smartphone has been launched in #Nepal, Priced Rs. 24,900 | Will you buy it? ” username=”techlekh”]
One of the advantage with the new Y7 Prime is that you get Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.1 skin top. Many budget smartphones are not able to bring up Android 7.0 into their device, which I think is a minus point for them. The EMUI 5.1 in this device also has some nice tweaks for better user experience but some might find the skin a little annoying compared to the stock Android.
- Display – 5.5 inches HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435
- CPU – Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU – Adreno 505
- Memory – 32 GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 3GB RAM
- OS – Android 7.0 Nougat – based on Emotion UI 5.1
- Primary Camera – 12MP, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus (PDAF), LED flash
- Secondary Camera – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Battery – Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Huawei Y7 Prime Price in Nepal: Rs. 24,900
From my initial viewpoint, overall the phone is good but with a few disappointments like the lack of FullHD screen and not so appealing processor and camera. We will be covering more about this phone in our full review in coming future.
What do you have to say about this smartphone? Will it be your purchase under Rs. 25,000? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…