Huawei launched Huawei P30 and P30 Pro phones on March 26th. Both of these phones, especially the P30 Pro, has been widely praised by the tech community for its innovative and game-changing camera capabilities. Only two phones were launched at the international launch event. But, as it turns out, there’s a third phone in the P30 family, and it’s called P30 lite.
The back of the P30 lite makes it instantly recognizable as a Huawei phone. This radiant back design has become a trademark of Huawei. Like P30 and P30 pro, P30 lite comes with a waterdrop notch display.
This is a 6.15 IPS LCD display with full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2312 pixels. This means the image will look sharp and crisp. We didn’t have any complaints with Huawei’s screens in the past. I don’t think this phone will be an exception.
Inside, the P30 lite houses an in-house processor called HiSilicon Kirin 710 processor. If you have keen eyes and mind, you’ll notice that this is the same processor used in last year’s phones like the Nova 3i. This seems to be Huawei’s strategy with its mid-range phone this year – using last year chips. Huawei Nova 4 did the same thing by using the same chip present in the Nova 3. But this is not that big of a problem because of the Kirin 710 is a powerful and efficient chipset as seen from the Nova 3i.
This processor is paired with either 6B of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The internal storage is expandable to up to 512GB via microSD card slot.
Huawei P30 lite Key Specifications
- Display: 6.15 inches IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2312 pixels (~415 ppi density)
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Memory: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with EMUI 8.2
- Rear Camera: Triple: 24 MP, f/1.8, PDAF & 8 MP, 13mm (ultrawide) & 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Battery: 3340 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Huawei P30 lite Price in Nepal: TBD
You can see that P30 lite is a mid-range phone at heart. It doesn’t have a super powerful processor or an AMOLED screen. However, one flashy feature is the triple lens rear camera setup: 24MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide sensor and a 2MP lens for depth mapping. Up front, the device comes with a 32MP camera to capture selfies and for video calling. This means that there is no longer a dual camera setup for selfies in the Nova 4e. It was a heavily marketed feature of the Nova 3i and Nova 3e.
SEE ALSO: Huawei Mobiles Price in Nepal
Lastly, P30 lite comes with a ‘normal’ fingerprint sensor and the battery is ‘just’ 3340 mAh. I guess these are not cons because the traditional fingerprint sensor is faster than under-screen ones and Huawei phones have stellar battery life regardless of their size.
Overall, P30 lite is a good mid-range phone but it doesn’t come with anything special. It doesn’t have any innovative and unique features like the Vivo V15 Pro. So, I don’t know if people will be super-interested in this phone. However, if Huawei hits the price just right, this may sell well.
- Hello Nepal’s License Revoked by Nepal Telecommunication AuthorityEveryone knows the power of the telecommunication. Some information that could’ve taken days to reach…
- 2019 Hyundai Venue Subcompact SUV Launched in Nepal; Price Starts at Rs. 34.69 Lakhs!Review of: 2019 Hyundai VenuePrice:Rs. 34,96,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 24, 2019Last modified:August 24, 2019Summary:In…
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched: A Perfect Hatchback?If you’ve ever been shopping for a new hatchback, you might notice there’s something similar.…