After the recent launch of Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei is set to launch Huawei Mate 40 Pro in Nepal.
The Mate 40 Pro was launched globally in November and it will soon land in Nepal as well. The Mate series is Huawei’s ultra-premium flagship and the Mate 40 Pro is an absolute monster. Let’s see what it has to offer!
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Specifications
- Body: 158.2 x 72.6 x 9 mm, 209 g, Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.67 inches OLED, 90Hz, HDR10, 1344 x 2772 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~456 ppi density)
- Chipset: Kirin 9000 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.13 GHz Cortex-A77 & 3×2.54 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.05 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP24
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM, UFS 3.1
- OS: Android 10, EMUI 11, no Google Play Services
- Rear Camera: 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), 1/1.28″, 1.22µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS
- Front Camera: 13 MP, f/2.4, 18mm (ultrawide)
- Battery: Li-Po 4400 mAh, non-removable, Fast charging 66W, Fast wireless charging 50W, Reverse wireless charging 5W
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Face ID, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Colors: Mystic Silver, White, Black, Green, Yellow Wi
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Overview
Huawei Mate 40 Pro flaunts a circular camera system on the rear and they are calling it the Space Ring camera system. It looks stylish and has a symmetrical design as well.
The back glass gets a matte finish with five colors: Mystic Silver, White, Black, and Olive Green. On the front, it houses a pill-shaped notch on the left side just like the P40 Pro.
Mate 40 Pro comes with IP68 water resistance for splash, water, and dust.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro is using a 6.76 inches OLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate. It has a screen resolution of 1344 x 2772 pixels with 456 PPI pixel density.
Unlike the P40 Pro, the display is curved on the sides only. They call it edge-to-edge Horizon Display.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro is using Huawei’s brand new Kirin 9000 chipset which is a 5nm chipset and the first to be used on an Android.
Kirin 9000 is also the first chipset to boast an integrated 5G modem. It has Octa-core (1×3.13 GHz Cortex-A77 & 3×2.54 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.05 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU and Mali-G78 MP24 GPU. The 24-core Mali-G78 GPU offers heightened image processing and Huawei claims that it can provide 52% more performance than the Snapdragon 865 plus in the GFXBench benchmark.
Except that, it has a separate NPU which Huawei claims to provide 2.4X performance over Qualcomm’s current offering. The upgraded NPU has also allowed Huawei to use AI touch-free gesture-based controls on the Mate 40 Pro.
Furthermore, it comes with 5G Super Uplink and Wi-Fi 6.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro follows the P40 Pro when it comes to the camera. It has a main 50MP sensor, 12MP periscope lens, and a 20MP ultrawide angle sensor.
The main 50MP sensor is a large 1/1.28 inch Ultra Vision sensor that uses an RYYB color filter array with Octa PD autofocus. The large sensor size helps to take in a massive amount of light for capturing good details.
The 12MP periscope lens enables 5X Optical zoom, 10X Hybrid zoom, and 50X Max zoom. The 20MP ultrawide sensor is a 1/1.54 inch sensor that helps in the ultra low light video.
On the front, it has a 13MP sensor for selfies along with an IR TOF 3D sensor.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro comes with a 4400 mAh battery along with 66W SuperCharge.
Further, it comes with 50W Wireless charging and has reverse charging as well.
It runs on EMUI 11 on top of Android 10. Of course, it doesn’t come with Google Play services.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
Huawei Mate 40 Pro costs around 1,199 euros in the European market. So, Huawei Mate 40 Pro price in Nepal could be anywhere around Rs. 1,70,000.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro is no doubt one of the best smartphones right now. It actually tops DxOMark’s camera rating with a score of 136. It is using Huawei’s Kirin 9000 chipset which supposedly has better performance than Snapdragon chipsets. The phone looks gorgeous and it is power-packed. However, it is not cheap as well. And, then it doesn’t come with GMS.
What do you think about Huawei Mate 40 Pro? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch the review of Black Shark 3 in Nepali.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Ford Figo Automatic Launched: Two New Variants Enter Nepal!Ford Figo Automatic is now available in Nepal. Go Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…
- Poco X3 Pro Review: Awesome Gaming Performance on BudgetPros 120Hz IPS Display Awesome Performance Good Battery 33W Fast Charging Cons Thick for a…
- NIU UQim Electric Moped Launched in NepalNIU UQim is the latest NIU scooter launched for the Nepali market. Eco Infinity Pvt.…