GWM ORA R1 is being planned for the Nepali market.
VG Impex Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of GWM vehicles in Nepal, has confirmed its intentions to brings its all-new electric hatchback.
GWM ORA R1 is a fully electric hatchback. It sports a more futuristic design with a modern undertone.
Great Wall Motors had showcased R1 in India back in Auto Expo 2020.
As of this writing, there are many unconfirmed details on its specs, features, and performance. However, it will be a decent offering after taking its expected price into consideration.
GWM Ora R1 price in Nepal is rumoured to be around Rs. 20 Lakhs. If this is true, it will be a very attractive offering for those looking for a stylish EV without breaking the bank.
Please take it with a grain of salt as GWM Nepal is still in its planning stage. The company is planning to introduce the product in the Nepali market.
GWM ORA R1 Overview
GWM Ora R1 sports one of the most unique design elements. It combines minimalism and futurism to create one of the most stylish hatchbacks.
From its initial concept to its production model, most of the minimalist elements have remained unchanged.
Starting on the front, the Ora R1 gets a circular LED headlamp with integrated LED indicators. Moreover, it comes with the classic EV grille with the front charging port.
Unlike a traditional hatchback, the curvy aesthetics has been kept to a minimum.
Instead, the side position is made to stand out with its flared wheel arches and stylish wheels.
Similarly, the rear section gets a circular LED taillight with integrated LED indicators.
On the inside, Ora R1 is limited to keep down the overall cost. So, the interior isn’t as fancy or as premium as other EVs in Nepal.
Ora R1 manages to include a decent-sized touchscreen infotainment system along with a dual-screen instrument meter.
With its size in mind, the interior space and boot space will be limited.
GWM Ora R1 is powered by a 35kW Permanent Magnet Motor along with a 28.5kWh Lithium Polymer battery. It can generate a max power of 35kW (48PS) and a max torque of 125Nm.
Battery claims a range of 301Km with a 0-80% charge in just 40 minutes with Fast Charging. There is also a long-range variant with 351km range thanks to the 33kWh battery.
Unfortunately, it is still unclear to see which battery pack will debut in Nepal.
ALSO READ: MG ZS EV is Now More Affordable in Nepal
Here is a quick highlight of GWM Ora R1 features.
GWM ORA R1 Feature Highlights
- 35kW Permanent Magnet Motor
- 28.5kWh / 33kWh Lithium Polymer Battery
- Fast Charging Support
- Minimalistic and Futuristic Styling
- Circular LED Headlamp and Taillamp with Integrated Indicators
- 9-inch Touch Infotainment System
- Dual Instrument Console Display
- Rear Camera with Parking Sensor
- Adaptive Braking System with EPB
- ESP + Traction Control
- Hill Control
GWM Ora R1 Price in Nepal and Availability
GWM Ora R1 price in Nepal is expected to be around Rs. 20 Lakhs. It will be among the most anticipated EV launches.
|GWM Ora R1||Price in Nepal|
|GWM Ora R1||Rs. 20 Lakhs (Expected)|
GWM Ora R1 will compete against Derry EV7 and Derry EM7.
Compared to the competition, Ora R1 will feature a more powerful motor with a higher claimed range.
Furthermore, it will also boast a unique style to stand out from the competition.
As for the official launch date, we don’t have any solid indications. However, GWM Ora R1 is confirmed for the Nepalese market.
Key details like specs, features, launch date, and pricing will be revealed soon.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Confirmed: Yamaha MT 15 BS6 is Finally Launching in Nepal!Yamaha MT-15 BS6 is headed for Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributor of Yamaha motorcycles…
- Infinix Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsInfinix is a Hong Kong-based smartphone maker that focuses on making budget phones. Infinix mobiles…
- Samsung Dashain Tihar Offer 2078: up to 35% Discount on Samsung ProductsSamsung, Nepal’s leading consumer electronics brand is giving up to 35% discount on their products…