The Gautam Buddha International Airport (GBIA) is expected to come into operation soon; its first flight is estimated to air on 27th September 2019.
- The locals had started a strike at the project site raising the issue of distribution of compensation to landowners for the land acquisition process. The strike recently ended after the issue was addressed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
- The CAA has released 2 billion rupees in project accounts to be distributed to the landowners. According to them, a further 3 billion will also be distributed soon.
- According to Om Sharma, Chief Engineer, the construction of administrative buildings, control towers, and international terminal buildings has reached the last phase. He also informed that the construction work related to the runway can be completed in the next two weeks, after which blacktopping can be done.
- The construction work for the airport started back in 2015 and the initial deadline for the project was 2017. However, due to the shortages of fuel and building materials and disputed between the Chinese contractor and Nepali sub-contractor, the deadline was extended to 2018, which has now been extended to 2019.
- Gautam Buddha International Airport to Come Into Operation After 18 Months
- Doubts Over Completion of Gautam Buddha International Airport
Collateral-free and Paperless “FoneLoan” is a New Drive in the Banking SectorThe lending landscape has been changing with the increasing adoption of digitization among banks and…
Draft e-Commerce Bill: Major Highlights and Issues Raised by the StakeholdersThe smartphone revolution and increasing internet penetration is creating fertile ground for the e-commerce market.…
‘My Second Teacher’ e-Learning Platform Launched in NepalCoronavirus has forced the students, teachers, and parents to adapt to remote learning. Consequently, with…
Luxuriously Feature-Packed Skoda Kushaq Bound for NepalSkoda India recently unveiled its latest premium SUV, Skoda Kushaq. Skoda Kushaq is a part…
OnePlus Watch with SpO2 Sensor Expected to Launch Soon in NepalOnePlus recently launched the OnePlus Watch. It is also expected to launch soon in Nepal.…