Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) says armed police personnel should be mobilised in the mission to control power theft as unarmed security personnel turned ineffective. NEA has recently launched a campaign to control power theft in various places of Lalitpur district.
What they are saying:
- Birendra Kumar Singh, Chief of the Authority’s Lagankhel Distribution Centre, says police personnel accompanying his staff should possess arms in order to arrest theft suspects.
- He informs that around 20 persons have been booked in past seven days during the mission.
- According to him, Rs 700,000 has been collected from them as fine.
- The Authority claims that electricity ‘hooking’ is rampant in some areas of the district including Satdobato, Chyasal and Mangal Bazaar and the theft has incurred a loss of Rs 500 million to the Authority every year.
- The Authority has warned of cutting off electricity if anyone is found hooking power lines.
Yatri Electric Bikes Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsThis is the complete price list for the Yatri electric bikes in Nepal. Yatri Motorcycles,…
Yatri Project One Priced Hiked: Base Variant Now Costs Rs. 5.65 Lakhs in Nepal!Yatri Project One has increased the price for its base variant in Nepal. The Nepali-EV…
Deal Alert: Samsung Galaxy A33 5G Gets a Massive Price Drop in Nepal!Samsung has dropped the price of the Samsung Galaxy A33 5G in Nepal by Rs.…