Why it matters:
Air pollution is one of the most pressing issues that Nepal is currently facing; Nepal was ranked last among the 180 countries for the quality of air in the recent global Environment Performance Index (EPI). This step taken by the metropolis is a positive step to reduce air pollution.
- The plan is to operate three electric buses by mid-September. Each bus will have the seating capacity of 40 people. The metropolis has allocated Rs, 30 million for funding the buses.
- According to Mayor of the Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Chiribabu Maharjan, the metropolis is coordinating with a Chinese company, BYD Auto Cooperatives, for procuring the buses. He also said that depending on the results of these buses, if the results were positive, the electric buses would be the first priority of the metropolis.
- eBuzz K6, The First Made-in-India Electric Bus, to be Exported to Nepal
- 20 Thousand Electric Rickshaws Imported in Last Fiscal
- Sajha to Introduce its First Electric Bus
Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer with Google Assistant Launched in NepalExpanding its ecosystem, Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Smart Air Fryer 3.5L in Nepal on September…
Cheap Tecno Pop 6 with 5MP Camera Launched in NepalTecno has launched Tecno Pop 6 in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone. The Tecno…
GoPro Hero 11 Black with Larger 27MP 8:7 Sensor Launched in NepalThe newly announced GoPro Hero 11 Black is now available in Nepal. It was announced…