Colors mainly makes budget smartphones. It had been a while since the brand launched a phone – the last ones were Colors Pride 5C and Colors Pride 5E. About 3 weeks ago, Colors listed Colors Pride 5X up for pre-order for retailers. Now, they have officially released it for general customers for the price fo Rs. 11,999 only.
The Pride 5X looks good for a phone under 12K, special thanks to the 18:9 aspect ratio screen. The gold faux metal back makes this phone look more expensive than it actually is. At the front, we have smaller-than-expected bezels at the top and the bottom which enclose a 5.45-inch HD+ display. It’s not AMOLED but for 12K, we can’t complain. At the back, the phone is clean except for the Colors logo, the fingerprint sensor, and vertically stacked cameras and flash at the top left. The design is eerily similar to that of an iPhone.
Inside, the phone houses 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB using a micro-SD card. The processor is a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek chipset that is competent to perform daily tasks like calling and texting. Sadly, the OS isn’t Android Go, a leaner, cleaner version of android tailor-made for low-powered devices. Customers would have had a much better experience with Android Go, but Android Oreo on a device with 2GB RAM runs good enough.
Colors Pride 5X Key Specifications
- Display: 5.45-inch Full View display with Dragontrail glass protection
- Resolution: HD+ (1440 x 720 pixels); 18:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6739WA Quad-Core Processor
- Memory: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB (expandable up to 128 GB via microSD)
- OS: Android Oreo (v8.1)
- Primary Camera: Dual: Dual 8MP + 0.3MP, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, LED Flash
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Colors Pride 5X Price in Nepal: Rs. 11,990
The highlighting feature of Colors Pride 5X is its dual rear cameras. Now, for 12K, we don’t expect these cameras to blow you away. Just looking at the specifications (8MP+0.3MP) tells you that. But, these cameras will be good enough for occasional snaps that you take for social media. There’s a 5MP camera at the front and it is accompanied by a flash. One useful feature that this camera has is the face recognition. Now, you can use your face to unlock your phone.
For 12K, Colors Pride 5X has a good price-to-performance ratio. The performance is decent, so is the RAM and internal storage. The design is a strong aspect of this phone along with its screen. At this price, Pride 5X is a strong competitor to phones like Redmi 6A. However, the Redmi 6A is slightly better with performance and camera (13MP, single lens). It costs 1K more too.
If you are someone who is looking to buy a budget smartphone, within the 15K range, Colors Pride 5X deserves a place on your list.
- Samsung Drops the Price of Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and 3 Other Smartphones in NepalRecently, Samsung hiked prices on some of the smartphones due to inflation and other consequences…
- iPhone SE (2020) Available for Pre-booking in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 73,000iPhone SE 2020 is a sequel to the first iPhone SE which was launched in…
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen to Launch in Nepal SoonSamsung Galaxy A21s was launched last month in India. And, now it’s heading to Nepal.…