China is planning to open its next space outpost to the world. The plan is to have it in the orbit by 2022.
Why it matters:
- According to UN’s Office for Outer Space Affair, China is using this station to promote international cooperation as space diplomacy.
- UN member states can now apply to visit the China Space Station, as it will be called, to perform experiments. Nepal, being a member state, can also apply for visit to the station.
- For the moment, China is only considering applications proposals for three experiments, those developing their own payloads, those who will use facilities provided by China and those who bring their own material up for research outside the space station.
What they are saying:
- “The China Space Station belongs not only to China but also to the world. Just as the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 proclaimed, the exploration and use of outer space shall be a common province for humankind. Outer space should become a new domain for promoting the common interests of everyone, rather than a new battlefield for competition and confrontation,” said China’s representative to the UN, Ambassador Shi Zhongjun, in a statement announcing the initiative.
- Interaction Program with Former NASA Astronaut Dr. Sandra H. Magnus
- China Smartphone Sales Suffer Biggest Decline Ever
- China’s Aid in Solar Power to Help Illuminate Nepali Government Headquarters
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Samsung Galaxy A04 with Unisoc SC9863A to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung unveiled its new budget phone — the Samsung Galaxy A04 on August 24, 2022.…
Purple Launches a Bunch of New Accessories in NepalEarlier this year, a new Nepali accessory brand Purple was launched in Nepal, debuting three…
Honor 70 with 54MP Sensor to Launch Soon in NepalHonor is ready to launch Honor 70 in Nepal. It is Honor’s upper mid-range smartphone…