Torque Motor Trading, subsidiary of Panchakanya Group, is launching BMW Motorrad bikes in the Nepali Market. BMW Motorrad is one of the leading automobile manufacturers in the world which is known for performance, premium build quality and unparalleled riding experience.
The low-end models from BMW Motorrad have been all over the news for quite sometime now. The introduction of the BMW Motorrad under 500cc segment is sure to stir up and redefine the segment with the launch of BMW G310R and the G310GS in Nepal.
Developed in Munich and by BMW Motorrad and produced in India by TVS, the bikes are designed for the emerging market. It has already been launched in many countries and is launching in Nepal on December. The price of both G310R and G310GS hasn’t been disclosed yet. Torque Motor Trading assures that these premium bikes will be affordably priced.
According to BMW Motorrad, BMW G310R and BMW G310GS are going to have a 313 cc single cylinder liquid cooled DOHC, Fuel Injected engine featuring four valves. The power output that both these bikes produce is same, 34bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
Looks & Style
BMW G310R is a street-biased version which is inspired from the S1000R. This bike is designed to portray a sense of aggressiveness. The bike is going to be easy to handle than it’s sibling as its kerb weight is 158.5kg, which is 11kg less than G310GS. The use of Single piece seat will be comfortable for the rider as well as the pillion. The seat cushioning looks on the softer side. It features a digital instrument console, which reads the essentials: speedometer, tachometer, trip meter, odometer, fuel gauge, gear indicator, and a service indicator.
BMW G310GS is an adventure tourer designed to tackle some off-road terrain. The looks and design is inspired from its eldest sibling R1200GS. The bike is 11kg heavier than the G310R at 169.5kg. The seat cushioning is similar to its sibling as well as the use of single piece seat. The features are same as of its sibling.
The BMW G310R has height, width, and length of 1080mm, 848mm and 2005mm. The seat height is relatively good at 785mm and the ground clearance is 165mm. The wheelbase on the G310R is of 1374mm. Due to the ground clearance and seat height, the bike won’t be a hindrance when off-road.
The BMW G310GS has higher height, width and length than it’s sibling at 1230 mm, 880mm and 2075mm. As the bike is designed especially for touring, the seat height and the ground clearance is better than G310R at 835mm and 220mm. The wheelbase of the G310GS is of 1420mm.
BMW G310R and G310GS Key Features
- Engine Displacement: 313cc liquid cooled
- Maximum Power: 34bhp @9500 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 28Nm @7500 RPM
- Top Speed: 143 km/h
- Weight: 158.5kg (G310R), 169.5kg (G310GS)
- Front Brake: 300mm Single disc (Dual channel ABS)
- Rear Brake: 240mm Single disc (Dual channel ABS)
- Wheels Type: Alloy Wheels
- Fuel Capacity: 11 litre
- Fuel Economy: 30km/l
- Front Tyre: 110/70 R17 (G310R), 110/80 R19 (G310GS)
- Rear Tyre: 150/60 R17 (G310R), 150/70 R17 (G310GS)
2018 BMW G310R Price in Nepal: TBD
2018 BMW G310 GS Price in Nepal: TBD
The specification, features and the power output looks promising on paper. With the launch of these motorcycles in Nepal, the scenario of the motorcycle market and consumers thought on naked roadster and adventure bikes might change. When launched, the BMW G310R and G310GS will lock horns with the bikes on the sub-500cc segment like KTM Duke 390, KTM RC 390, Benelli TNT 300 and Bajaj Dominar 400.
What are your thoughts about these new upcoming BMW bikes? Do share your views in comments below.
- OTTO CR03 Review: Good Pick for First-time Users!So, at under Rs. 7,000. What kind of phone would you prefer? A bar phone…
- Honda HR-V Available in Nepal; Price Starts at Rs. 99 LakhsThis shouldn’t come as such a surprise given the extreme popularity of SUVs in Nepal.…
- X-AGE Accessories Launched in Nepal: Headphones, Powerbanks, Speakers & MoreX-AGE Mobile founded in 2000 deals in affordable mobile phones and accessories. Currently, this brand…