- These plants were installed with the support of Poverty Alleviation Fund (PAF) in Jagarnathpur, Mahadevpatti and Sonbarsa.
- Jagarnathpur plant, the first gasification power plant of Nepal, was shut down as it could not compete with the cheaper rates of Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA).
- Mahadevpatti and Sonbarsa were modelled after Jagarnathpur but were in operational due to lack of parts.
- Moreover, employees of the contracting company, Ganesh Engineering Workshop of Bihar, India, refused to visit the sites citing strikes and protests in the region. Nayan Singh, a technician of the company from Motihari, India, has not been seen since.
By the numbers:
- The plant at Mahadevpatti cost an estimated Rs. 4.2 million with local women contributing labour valued at Rs. 450,000.
- The Sonbarsa plant has an estimated cost of Rs. 4.4 million, with local women contributing labour worth Rs. 418,217.
- The contracting company received Rs. 2.14 million in the first instalment and Rs. 607,000 in the second instalment.
- The plants were planned to be built at a cost of Rs. 115,000 per kilowatt but the stations are barely functioning.
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
M1 Chip-powered Apple MacBook Pro 13 Gets Price Cut in NepalThe price of the Apple MacBook Pro 13 2020 (M1) is reduced in Nepal after…
Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch with M1 Pro Price Dropped in NepalGeneration Next, the official distributor of Apple in Nepal, has dropped the price of the…
Suzuki Avenis 125 Launch is Happening Next Week in Nepal!Suzuki Avenis 125 launch is finally happening in Nepal. VG Suzuki, the authorized distributor of…