There is always a battle between companies to introduce a smartphone with the best specifications and at the same time, at the least possible price. We, the team here at TechLekh, have compiled a list of 5 best smartphones under 50000 in Nepal. The following are some of the phones that provide great value for your money.
|Best Smartphones Under 50000 in Nepal||Price|
|Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro||Rs. 46999|
|Huawei Nova 5T||Rs. 53900|
|Vivo V17 Pro||Rs. 52490|
|Oppo Reno2F||Rs. 46990|
|Samsung Galaxy A71||Rs. 49||999|
Best Smartphones Under 50000 in Nepal
#1. Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
The Redmi K20 Pro is the phone that has been hype for a very long time. With a 6.39” AMOLED display, Snapdragon 855, 8/256GB storage and a 4000 mAh battery, at Rs 49,999 it has become the go-to device for many people. Even as a mid-ranger, it has specs that rival flagship devices which is how this phone has acquired the title “Flagship Killer”.
The front has an almost complete Bezel-less display with a pop-up front camera. The phone is glossy because of the glass in the front and back. But it is still a huge fingerprint magnet. The rear consists of triple camera setup with a combination of 48MP wide, 8MP telephoto and 13MP ultrawide.
In 2019, K20 Pro is the best value lite-flagship phone. If you have the budget of around 50k, blindly go for this phone!
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.39-Inches Super AMOLED display at 1080×2340 resolution and a screen ratio of 19.5:9
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855
- CPU: Octa-core (84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- OS: MIUI 10 on top of Android 9.
- Memory: 256GB ROM and 8GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF/Laser AF — 8 MP, f/2.4, 53mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 1.12µm, PDAF/Laser AF, 2x optical zoom — 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3″, 1.12µm
- Battery: 4000mAh with 27W Fast charging.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Price in Nepal (8/256GB): Rs. 46,999
|FHD AMOLED Display||Fingerprint prone glass back|
#2. Huawei Nova 5T
Huawei Nova 5T has a 6.26” with an IPS LCD display at 1080p resolution. Instead of a notch, there’s a punch-hole display which does look nice on the device. Under the hood, the Nova 5T has a Kirin 980 processor, which is currently the best in its department. The processor is paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB Internal Storage. With this processor and storage, you have flagship processing capabilities in a mid-range phone.
The 3750mAh battery backs the processor and RAM. Also, there’s a 22.5W fast charger. Moving on to the rear quad camera setup, the Nova 5T houses a 48MP wide, 16MP ultrawide, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor. The front has a 32MP selfie camera.
Nova 5T has a flagship-grade processor thus the performance is smooth as it can get. Though they could have included an AMOLED panel on the phone, the LCD display is a good one. This is probably the best lite-flagship choice but certainly only after the Redmi K20 Pro.
Huawei Nova 5T Key Specifications
- Display: 6.26 inches IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2312 pixels (~412 ppi density)
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- Memory: 128 GB, 8 GB RAM
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1
- Rear Camera: Quad: 48 MP, 16 MP (ultrawide), 2 MP dedicated macro camera, 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Battery: 3750 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Huawei Nova 5T Price in Nepal: Rs. 53,900
|Awesome Design||Lacks AMOLED display|
#3. Vivo V17 Pro
The VIVO V17 Pro is as far as looks concerned, an elegant device. The device has a symmetric look and feel which really pleases me a lot. On the surface, the phone has a 6.44” immersive display with a huge aspect ratio of 20:9. The display does live up to the standards of sAMOLED and FHD+ resolution which is amazing.
Moving on to the processing department, under the hood the phone has a Snapdragon 675 processor coupled with 8Gb RAM and 128Gb built-in storage. The processor isn’t all that bad but considering the overall device, I’d expected a processor from the 8 series. I mean just have a look at its competitor, the Redmi K20 Pro. It’s got the top-end 855 processor which kind of led me to estimate this device would have something like that as well.
The phone houses a 4100mAh battery life which on average usage should undoubtedly last more than a day.
The camera-department is where this phone shines. The phone has overall 6 cameras with 4 coupled in a vertical alignment on the rear and 2 under the motorized camera setup. The primary camera in the rear is a 48MP Sony IMX582 sensor paired with an 8MP wide-angle, a 13MP telephoto and a 2MP depth sensor. The front consists of a 32MP shooter mated with an 8MP ultrawide camera setup.
Vivo V17 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.44 inches, 100.1 cm2 Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors // Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9.1
- Memory: 128GB Storage, 8GB RAM
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Primary Camera
- Front Camera (Dual):
- Motorized pop-up 32 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Motorized pop-up 8 MP, 17mm (ultrawide)
- Video – [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery // Fast battery charging 18W
Vivo V17 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 52,490 (8/128GB)
|sAMOLED Screen||The mechanical camera system may not be reliable|
|Good camera||Performance not up to the mark|
#4. Oppo Reno 2F
Oppo Reno 2F sports a 6.5” AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. With little bezels on all sides, the FHD display can sure be enjoyed to its fullest. One of the major perks of this display is, of course, the implementation of the in-display fingerprint sensor. OPPO claims that the fingerprint scanner on Reno2 F is 11% faster when compared to the previous generation.
At its core, the device packs a Quadcore MediaTek Helio P70 processor alongside 8/128GB storage. Moving on to the highlighting feature, the rear quad camera setup. At the center is a 48MP sensor coupled with 8MP ultrawide, 2MP mono and a 2MP portrait lens. As for the front, we have a pop-up 16MP camera.
Lastly, the phone features a 4000mAh battery life with VOOC 3.0 fast charging. Considering the processor, I’d say the phone should last enough for a day with a single charge.
Oppo Reno 2F is a good phone but the performance is not stellar, it would have been great if it included the latest Helio G90T processor. It’s a decent buy but for 4k more you can get the Redmi K20 Pro.
Oppo Reno 2F Key Specifications
- Display: 6.5 inches AMOLED Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~394 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771V Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM // microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary Camera: 48 MP, 8 MP (ultrawide), 2 MP B/W, 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 20W (VOOC Flash Charge 3.0)
OPPO Reno2 F Price in Nepal: Rs. 46,990
|Good design||Performance not up to the mark|
#5. Samsung Galaxy A71
Samsung Galaxy A71 is an upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy A70 and A70s. Though the design philosophy remains quite similar, the l-shaped camera module makes it look unique and more premium. It uses a punch-hole display just like the Note 10 Lite and the new S20/S20 Plus. It still uses the plastic body and might look premium but it can easily scratch. One of the major changes comes in processing power as it uses Snapdragon 730. So, the games will run smoothly without any hiccups. Though, we can find the same processor in cheaper phones like the Realme X2 and Redmi K20.
The in-display fingerprint sensor on the A71 is improved as it’s fast and consistent. Redmi K20 Pro is available for Rs. 49,990, which gives you a serious spec bump with Snapdragon 855 and flagship-level Sony IMX 586 sensor. Thus, Redmi K20 Pro is the one you want to buy for the price unless you’re a serious Samsung fan.
Samsung Galaxy A71 Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inches “Infinity-O” Super AMOLED Plus panel with FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) resolution.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Internals: 8/128GB (expandable up to 512GB via a microSD card)
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 64 MP, f/2.0 primary shooter
– 5MP, f/2.4 macro lens
– 12MP, f/2.2 Ultra-wide lens
– 5MP, f/2.2 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.2 aperture, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Battery: 4500 mAh with 25W Quick Charge
Samsung Galaxy A71 Price in Nepal: Rs 49,999
|Good Processor||Expensive compared to the competitors|
|Good camera setup||Glastic back|
Have Your Say
Rankings aren’t always the best representation of which smartphone might be the best one. This is our list best smartphones under 50000 in Nepal and some other person might have a different view on what they think is a great smartphone.
According to you, which is the best smartphone under 50000 in Nepal? Comment below. We would like to know your thoughts.
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 5G with 108MP Camera and SD 865 in Nepal at Rs. 89,999Xiaomi is known for value phones with top-notch specifications and affordable price tag. In brief,…
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI Bookings Open: Most Affordable FI Scooter in Nepal!Among countless achievements, Yamaha was the first two-wheeler company to introduce Fuel Injected technology in…
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite with Snapdragon 730G Launched in NepalXiaomi has established itself as a leading smartphone manufacturer with impressive smartphones at an affordable…