Many might already know about the safety benefits of Anti-Locking Braking System (ABS). Basically, ABS work to prevent wheels from locking up during panic-inducted scenarios. Well, it was a life-saving feature, reserved only for more premium motorcycles.
However, the things have changed, and lower cc motorcycles, like Yamaha R15 v3.0, have gotten either a single-channel or dual-channel treatment. Additionally, the things have moved towards a better future as the Indian Government has made it mandatory for all manufacturers to include single-channel ABS.
That was a quick backstory on everything.
Moving on to the real news, HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors of Bajaj motorcycles in Nepal, has been leaving out hints on the arrival of next-gen Bajaj motorcycles. As per reports, Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 will be the first to arrive in Nepal with that single-channel ABS treatment. Yes, you heard it right! Bajaj Pulsar NS 200, with single-channel ABS, is coming to Nepal. You might’ve been expecting it for a while, so let me just confirm it.
Furthermore, there’s no official news on the exact launch date or pricing. But the things are expected to be revealed at NADA Auto Show 2019. However, one thing is for sure, Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 (ABS) price in Nepal is rumored to be slightly more than the older generation.
If I had to guess, maybe Rs. 25,000 – Rs. 30,000 extra. I don’t know… don’t quote me on that one.
Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 (ABS) Overview
Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 is powered by 199.5cc liquid-cooled engine. It can generate a max power of 23.17PS at 9500rpm and 18.3Nm at 8000rpm. Furthermore, it is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a fuel capacity of 12L.
Honestly, there’s nothing new with the engine, so I won’t go much into detail.
Bajaj Pulsar NS 200: What’s New?
Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 (ABS) may not come with a huge cosmetic update or major engine modifications. It is still the same bike that people fell in love with… the difference is the on-board single-channel ABS. Furthermore, it comes with a triple spark-ignition and liquid-cooled engine. Moreover, it uses a steel perimeter frame and a box-section swingarm, and unique underbelly exhaust.
Contrary to popular beliefs; the new update won’t change the entire motorcycle. Rather offers the same excellent performance along with a muscular design with improved safety.
Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 (ABS) Key Specifications
- Displacement: 199.5cc
- Mileage: 30kmpl
- Max Power: 23.17 PS @ 9500rpm
- Torque: 18.3 Nm @ 8000rpm
- Top Speed: 136kmph
- No. of gears: 6
- Fuel tank: 12L
- Braking: Twin Disc
- Kerb Weight(kg): 152kg
Bajaj NS200 Price in Nepal: TBA
There’s not a whole lot to talk about. Basically, same motorcycle, same engine, and same performance with enhanced safety. Likewise, it is more likely that Bajaj NS 200 (ABS) will be the first of many motorcycles with single-channel ABS to enter Nepal.
So, what’s next? Who knows? Maybe, we’ll get to see the launch of Bajaj Pulsar 150 ABS. Maybe, Bajaj Pulsar NS 160 ABS or Avenger 220 ABS. Let’s wait until NADA Auto Show 2019, we’ll know more in September!
If you do want to check out the current prices on everything Bajaj, just be sure to check out our Bajaj Bikes Price in Nepal.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…