Bajaj Avenger Street 160 ABS is now available in Nepal.
Hansraj Hulaschand & Co. Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Bajaj bikes in Nepal, has confirmed the official launch of the all-new Bajaj Avenger 160 in Nepal.
Compared to the previous launches, the new Avenger 160 comes with the improved braking performance, a new 160cc engine along a design refresh.
This might be Avenger’s fourth iteration with a new engine.
We’ve already seen Bajaj Avenger in 220cc, 180cc, and 150cc engine. As time moves along, this will only confuse the traditional consumers. In any case, the 160cc will hopefully stay a bit longer this time around.
Anyways, we’ll talk all about the pricing and availability in a bit. Before that, let’s take a quick look at everything new in the Bajaj Avenger Street 160.
Bajaj Avenger 160 Street Specifications
- Engine Type: Twin Spark, 2-valve, Carburetor, DTS-i engine
- Displacement: 160.37 cc
- Cooling System: Air Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self Starter and Kick Start
- Max Power: 15 PS @ 8500 rpm
- Max Torque: 13.5 Nm @ 7000 rpm
- Gearbox: 5-Speed
- Top Speed: 100 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 liters (3.8-liter reserve)
- Mileage: 45 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 90/90-17 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 130/90-15 – Drum
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic With Anti Friction Bush and Twin Shock Absorber
- Seat Height: 737 mm
- Ground Clearance: 169 mm
- Kerb Weight: 154 kg
- Colors: Ebony Black and Spicy Red
Bajaj Avenger 160 Street Price in Nepal: Rs. 3,29,900
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 ABS Overview
Let’s start with the most noticeable change: the design.
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 gets a more Sportster design, taking key inspiration from its elder 220cc Street sibling.
On the front, it still resembles the classic Avenger look. It comes with a street-control handlebar, unique extended footrest position, alongside a low sung and long seat.
The overall design feels modern with more street-focus aesthetics.
As for a side note, Bajaj Avenger 160 shares a close resemblance with the previous Avenger 150. So, there won’t be any major noticeable difference between the two.
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 ABS is available in two colors: Ebony Black and Spicy Red.
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 is powered by a 160.37cc Single Cylinder, 2-valve, air-cooled, DTS-I Engine.
It can generate a max power of 15PS at 8500rpm and a max torque of 13.5Nm at 7000rpm. Moreover, it is mated to a 5-speed gearbox with a 13-liter fuel tank capacity.
Unfortunately, this is still a BS4-compliant carburetor engine.
Compared to a traditional motorcycle, Bajaj Avenger is a cruiser.
Hence, it gets standard 90/90 17-inch front tyres and 130/90 15-inch rear tyres. Furthermore, it gets a telescopic front suspension and a 5-step adjustable rear twin shock absorber.
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 offers more for the buck! While the lack of Fuel Injection is still unfortunate, it makes up for it in other ways.
Here are the key highlights of everything new in Bajaj Avenger Street 160.
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 ABS Feature Highlights
- New Sportster Design
- Roadster Design Headlamp
- Street Control Handlebars
- 160cc DTS-I Engine
- Single-Channel ABS
- Wider Rear Tyres
Bajaj Avenger Street 160 ABS Price in Nepal and Availability
Bajaj Avenger 160 Street ABS is now available for purchase from all the Bajaj showrooms across the country.
As for the pricing, Bajaj Avenger 160 Street ABS price in Nepal is Rs. 3,29,900.
Since the price has been revealed, I do have a few thoughts on this matter.
Firstly, Bajaj Avenger 160 still comes with a BS4-compliant carburetor engine. Secondly, the 160cc engine is probably the same one in the Bajaj Pulsar NS 160.
Sure, the single-channel ABS is nice. But it still costs over Rs. 3 Lakhs for the rear Drum variant, with no Disc option!
If that wasn’t enough, Bajaj Avenger 220 price in Nepal is Rs. 3.54 Lakhs!
Theoretically, you could upgrade for a more powerful engine, with a similar experience on offer for an extra Rs. 20,000.
Honestly, the Avenger 220 feels like better value for the money over the Avenger 160.
Bajaj Avenger 160 Street competes with the likes of Suzuki Intruder 150.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the authorized distributor of Bajaj Bikes in Nepal?
Hansraj Hulaschand & Co. Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized distributor of Bajaj bikes in Nepal.
What is the price of the Bajaj Avenger 160 in Nepal?
Bajaj Avenger 160 price in Nepal is Rs. 3,29,900.
What is the difference between Bajaj Avenger Street and Bajaj Avenger Cruise?
Bajaj Avenger Street is a more street-focused cruiser with elements perfect for city-riding and traffic maneuvering. On the other hand, Bajaj Avenger Cruise is a cruiser with elements focused on highway riding.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Gionee P15 Pro with Helio G35 and 6000mAh Battery Launched in NepalThe pro version of the recently launched Gionee P15, Gionee P15 Pro has been launched…
- Samsung Galaxy M22 with 48MP Camera Goes Official, Expected Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy M22 has gone official with the listing of the phone on the company’s…
- Bikes-Scooters Prices to Increase from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 50,000 as Govt Raises Tax DutyNepal Government has brought forth a new budget for the fiscal year 2021/22. It comes…