Aprilia SXR 160 is now available in Nepal.
MV Dugar Group, the authorized distributor of Aprilia scooters in Nepal, has launched its first-ever maxi-scooter. The new scooter brings a fresh design to the table, packed with awesome features!
Aprilia SXR 160 is based on Aprilia SR’s 160cc engine, which was not available in Nepal. However, the new SXR 160 is Aprilia’s entry into both the maxi-scooter segment and the 160cc scooter segment in Nepal.
Regardless, SXR 160 is now available for purchase in Nepal, fitting it right at home with the growing popularity of performance scooters.
We will talk about the pricing, specs, and more in a bit. Before that, let’s take a quick look at everything you should know about the new Aprilia SXR 160 in Nepal.
Aprilia SXR 160 Specifications
- Engine Type: Single-Cylinder, 3-valve, 4-Stroke, SOHC, FI Engine
- BS6 Compliant: Yes
- Displacement: 160.3 cc
- Cooling System: Liquid-Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Electric Starter Only
- Max Power: 11 PS @ 7100 rpm
- Max Torque: 11 Nm @ 5750 rpm
- Top Speed: 100 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7-liters
- Mileage: 40 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 120/70-12 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 120/70-12 – Drum
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic Front Forks and Adjustable Monoshock
- Seat Height: 775mm
- Ground Clearance: 160mm
- Under Seat Storage Capacity: 21-liter
- Kerb Weight: 129Kg
- Colors: Glossy Red, Blue, Black, White
Aprilia SXR 160 Price in Nepal: Rs. 4,24,900
Aprilia SXR 160 Overview
Aprilia SXR 160 is set to feature a drastically different style.
Compared to traditional SR models, Aprilia SXR comes with a maxi-scooter design. It will come with a larger frame and spacious legroom. It is now both practical and sporty which is a rare commodity in this day and age.
Interestingly, it still reserves the classic Aprilia styling with its sharp colors and sporty graphics. However, it does take a tad-bit inspiration from the Aprilia SRV 850.
Other than the familiar maxi-scooter design, it comes with unique characteristics like a multi-LED headlamp, large windshield, stylish alloy wheels, and a larger handlebar.
Aprilia SXR 160 will be powered by a 160.3cc BS6-compliant engine. It can generate a max power of 11PS at 7100rpm and max torque of 11Nm at 5750rpm. Moreover, it is mated to a traditional CVT transmission.
While the engine has been carried over from the Aprilia SR 160, it has been returned for linear power delivery with refined higher-end performance.
But that’s not all the difference between the SXR 160 and SR 160. The maxi-scooter opted in for a softer suspension setup thanks to smaller 12-inch tyres.
How will this affect the on-road experience? Well, we will find out soon enough.
The new Aprilia SXR 160 is packed with features! Being a maxi-scooter, it comes with a plethora of options and goodies, making it both practical and sporty maxi-scooter.
Here is a quick light of features in the 2021 Aprilia SXR.
Aprilia SXR 160 Features Highlight
- Maxi-Scooter Based Styling
- Aerodynamic Design
- 3 Coat HD Paint Finishing
- BSVI-Compliant 160cc FI Engine
- Wraparound Twin LED Crystal Headlamp with LED DRLs
- Wrap around LED Taillamp
- Large Blacked Out Windshield
- Large Fully Digital Meter with Mobile Connectivity
- 12-inch Wheels with 5 Spokes Alloy Design
- Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes
- Single-Channel ABS
- Apron Mounted Storage Compartment with USB Charging Port
- 21-Liter Underseat Storage with Boot Light
- Sport Dual Level Seat
- Large Exhaust Pipe
Aprilia SXR 160 Price in Nepal and Availability
2021 Aprilia SXR 160 price in Nepal is set at Rs. 4,24,900. As expected, the overall pricing is wallet-crusher in turn making it the most expensive Aprilia scooter in Nepal.
|Aprilia Scooter||Price in Nepal|
|Aprilia SXR 160||Rs. 424900|
After comparison with the current Aprilia BS4 models, the pricing of the new Aprilia SXR 160 is as expected: overpriced.
Nonetheless, Aprilia Nepal might have decided to utilize the gap in the maxi-scooter segment, which is yet to go mainstream in popularity. Yamaha NMax 155 is the only scooter capable enough to compete against the likes of the Aprilia SXR 160.
Aprilia SXR 160 competes against the likes of Yamaha NMax 155 and Suzuki Burgman Street 125.
What are your thoughts on Aprilia SXR 160? Let us know in the comments down below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the authorized distributor of Aprilia SXR 160 in Nepal?
MV Dugar Group is the authorized distributor of Aprilia SXR 160 in Nepal.
What is the price of Aprilia SXR 160 in Nepal?
The price of Aprilia SXR 160 is Rs. 4.24 Lakhs.
Is Aprilia SXR 160 BS6?
Yes, the new Aprilia SXR 160 is BS6-compliant.
Also, watch our full review of the Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally!
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- OnePlus Nord 2 Launched in Nepal: Pretty Expensive!OnePlus Nepal has launched the OnePlus Nord 2 in Nepal. OnePlus Nord 2 price in…
- LeoSquad: This Nepali Platform is Creating Effective Remote Work Solutions for StartupsIt has been more than a year since the viral outbreak has disrupted our work…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…