Aprilia India is prepping up for its upcoming maxi-scooter, Aprilia SXR 160.
The maxi-scooter was previously unveiled at the Auto Expo back in February. However, the official launch was delayed due to the COVID crisis.
Hopefully, things are looking up with various news sources reporting its launch being set for early December in India.
Aprilia SXR 160 will be based on a 160cc engine with an all-new maxi-based design and cool new features.
With that said, let’s take a quick look at everything you should know about the new Aprilia SXR 160.
Aprilia SXR 160 Specifications
- Engine Type: Single-Cylinder, 3-valve, 4-Stroke, FI Engine
- BS6 Compliant: Yes
- Displacement: 160 cc
- Cooling System: Air-Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Electric Starter Only
- Max Power: 11.01 PS @ 7500 rpm
- Max Torque: 11.60 Nm @ 6000 rpm
- Top Speed: n/a
- Fuel Tank Capacity: n/a
- Mileage: 40 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 12-inch – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 12-inch – Drum
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic Front Forks and Single Side Monoshock
- Seat Height: n/a
- Ground Clearance: n/a
- Under Seat Storage Capacity: n/a
- Kerb Weight: n/a
- Colors: Glossy Red
Aprilia SXR 160 Price in Nepal: TBA
Aprilia SXR 160 Overview
Aprilia SXR 160 is set to feature a drastically different style.
Compared to traditional SR models, Aprilia SXR comes with a maxi-scooter design. It will come with a larger frame and spacious legroom.
Interestingly, it still reserves the classic Aprilia styling with its sharp colors and sporty graphics.
Being a maxi-scooter, it proudly boasts unique characteristics like a multi-LED headlamp, large windshield, stylish alloy wheels, and larger handlebar.
Aprilia SXR 160 will be powered by a 160cc BS6-compliant engine. It can generate a max power of 11.01PS at 7600rpm and max torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm. Moreover, it is mated to a traditional CVT transmission.
It is expected to powered by the same 160cc engine, as seen in Aprilia SR 160.
Hence, the overall performance is expected to be similar to the likes of Aprilia SR 160 and Aprilia SR 150.
As of this writing, we aren’t so sure about the complete list of features. However, Aprilia has confirmed a bunch of them.
Aprilia SXR 160 Features
- Maxi-Scooter Based Design
- 160cc Engine
- LED Headlamp with LED DRLs
- Full Digital Meter
- Stylish 12-inch Alloy Wheels
- Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes
- Single-Channel ABS
- Apron Mounted Storage Compartment
- USB Charging Port
- Raised Windscreen
Aprilia SXR 160 Price in Nepal and Availability
Talking about the pricing, Aprilia SXR 160 price in India is expected at Rs. 1.20 Lakhs.
Unfortunately, it means that the scooter will be more of a premium offering in the 150cc segment. Since Aprilia already was a premium scooter, this shouldn’t come as a big surprise.
So, you should expect the Aprilia SXR 160 price in Nepal to be a wallet-crusher!
As for the competition, maxi-scooters aren’t very popular in Nepal. However, that might change with the introduction of SXR 160, if it is priced correctly,
Aprilia SXR 125 completes against the likes of Yamaha NMax 155 and Suzuki Burgman Street 125.
Also, watch our full review of Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally!
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…