Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI is now available in Nepal.
MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributors of Yamaha scooters in Nepal, has launched the all-new Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI in Nepal. More importantly, it is slightly different than the Street Rally version that was launched a few weeks ago.
The new variant is slightly less sporty than the Street Rally version, although it shares much of the similarities with one another.
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI brings in new design and new features, with a new 125cc BS6-compliant engine.
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Specifications
- Engine Type: Single-Cylinder, 2-valve, BS-VI complaint Fuel Injection
- Displacement: 125 cc
- Cooling System: Air-Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Electric Starter & Kick Starter
- Max Power: 8.2 PS @ 6500 rpm
- Max Torque: 9.7 Nm @ 5000 rpm
- Top Speed: 80 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.2 liters
- Mileage: 58 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 90/90-12 – Drum (Disc Optional)
- Rear Tyre: 110/90-10 – Drum
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Unified Braking System (UBS)
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic Front Forks and Rear Swing Arm
- Seat Height: 785 mm
- Ground Clearance: 145 mm
- Under Seat Storage Capacity: 21 liters
- Kerb Weight: 99 kg
- Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Cyan, and Black
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Price in Nepal (FI BS6): Rs. 2,29,900 (Drum) / Rs. 2,44,900 (Disc)
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Overview
Yamaha Ray ZR always featured an aggressive design.
That sentiment remains unchanged in the new Street Rally model. However, Yamaha has slightly toned down the level of sportiness in the standard model.
Built on the “Armored Energy” concept, the new design is sharper than ever. The new design gives off a tough look, without losing the sporty and sharp characters of the original Ray ZR.
While the previous-gen featured a sharp look, the newer design is much more fleshed out.
Talking about the overall design, the side indicators have been repositioned from the side panels to handlebars. Likewise, there is a major redesign in the headlamp, taillamp, exhaust port, and grab bar section.
Moreover, the front section gets a facelift boost, making the new Ray ZR 125 aesthetically more beautiful!
Yamaha Ray ZR Street Rally will be available in five different colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Cyan, and Black.
What’s different in the standard model and street rally?
The Standard Model and Street Rally Model share the same engine, same performance, and the same features. However, the Street Rally gets a sleek handguard and sporty dual-tone color finish which is missing in the Standard version.
Comparing the two models, the standard version feels more targeted towards the general masses.
Yamaha Ray ZR comes with a new BS-VI 125cc FI engine with Yamaha’s patented Blue Core technology.
Talking about the performance, it can generate a max power of 8.2PS at 6500rpm and max torque of 9.7Nm at 5000rpm. Compared to the previous model, it gets a 30% increase in power with 16% improved mileage!
Both Ray ZR 125 FI and Fascino 125 FI will share the same 125cc FI engine.
Interestingly, the Ray ZR engine does feel retuned to match its appeal, offering the fastest pickup in the segment and slightly softer suspension.
Thus, it will get the FI perks we’ve already seen with the Fascino 125 like Yamaha Smart Motor Generator, Start & Stop System, and Side Stand Engine Cut Off.
We’ve already talked about these features in past articles, so be sure to check them out.
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI comes with a set of whole new features. These do help add to the street-styled sporty nature to the scooter.
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Feature Highlights
- Fastest Pick Up in the Segment
- Y-Shaped LED Position Light
- Full Digital Instrument Cluster
- Lightweight Body at just 99 kgs
- Better handling with Telescopic Suspension
- Improved braking performance with Unified Braking System (UBS)
- 21L Large Under-Seat Storage
- Multi-function Key Switch
- Two Level Seat
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Price in Nepal and Availability
Yamaha Nepal is set to storm the scooter market with its new and power FI scooter. It features a powerful engine that’s Fuel Injected and BSVI complaint.
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 is now available nation-wide across all Yamaha showrooms.
As for the pricing, the Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI price in Nepal starts at Rs. 2.29 Lakhs (Drum) to Rs. 2.44 Lakhs (Disc).
Interestingly, the overall pricing is now even more affordable than the Fascino 125 and Ray ZR Street Rally. Theoretically, you can get a similar experience, if not more, for much less price.
If you don’t really care about the handguards or sporty tyres or dual-tone finish, Yamaha Ray ZR 125 is a steal!
We are currently testing the Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally model, so we’ll share our findings in the Full Review.
In the meantime, we have to say that we were thoroughly impressed with the new Yamaha Ray ZR and everything it has to offer!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the price of Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI in Nepal?
On a side note, Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI is available in two variants: Standard Model and Street Rally Model. As for the pricing, the Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI price in Nepal starts at Rs. 2.29 Lakhs to Rs. 2.54 Lakhs.
What’s the difference between Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI and Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally?
Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Standard Model and Street Rally Model share the same engine, same performance, and same features. However, the Street Rally gets a sleek handguard and sporty dual-tone colors.
Is the 2020 Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI BS6 compliant?
Yes, Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI 2020 is BS6 compliant.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…