The fifth edition of Wiki Loves Earth – an international photography competition to promote natural heritage sites around the World – has started from May 1, 2017.
Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, organizers of the competition, aim to increase awareness and knowledge about heritages of the country through the competition. Anyone can take part in the competition by uploading their photographs of natural heritage sites.
The competition was first organized in 2013 with the aim of creating free and open content on the Internet regarding the natural heritages. Nepal has been actively participating in this competition since 2014.
Saroj Kumar Dhakal, one of the members of the organizing team said, “The main aim of the event is to draw people’s attention on preservation and celebration of the heritages and nature. We want to increase the digital footprint of Nepali Natural heritages in-order to create awareness about our natural heritages.”
The competition will run for a duration of one month starting from May 1.
How to participate:
- Prepare your photos of any Nepali natural heritage site
- Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
- Register here before you Upload
- Name your photos
- Use Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can.
- Share your upload success on social media with hashtags: #WLENepal #WLE2017
There are some conditions that the participants must fulfill:
- All entries must be your own work
- All photos must be uploaded by May 2017, to be eligible
- All photos must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0
- Participants must have an active email account if the organizers wish to contact
More than 719 photos have already been uploaded from Nepal till now.
Learn more about Wiki Loves Earth 2017 Nepal at this link.
Edited by – Sushil Awale