Among the three siblings, OnePlus, the bigger one who works out, has a big body, gets all the girls and goes to an Ivy League college, OPPO the hot sister, who is popular in her high school, but not the brightest mind around. Then there is Vivo, the nerdy ingenious one who comes up with great ideas but struggles to keep up with his siblings. This probably is the best way to describe Vivo.
Vivo has been releasing a lot of smartphones recently to increase its popularity among the customers and following the trend, it has recently released another smartphone in the international market, the Vivo V9 Youth. This phone will soon make it’s way to Nepal. In the meantime, let’s check this device out.
Vivo V9 Youth is quite similar to its bigger brother the Vivo V9. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 450. It brags features like efficient power usage, improved processing which is perfect for a mid-range smartphone. Going into the performance, it has octa-core Cortex-A53 clocked at 1.8GHz.
It comes with a 4GB RAM, Adreno 506 graphics, and a large Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery. This should be more than capable enough for day to day tasks but might experience some hitches while handling intense gaming sessions. You will get FunTouch OS which is based Android Oreo out of the box. This makes it one the few mid range smartphones to get Android Oreo instead of Nougat.
Let’s talk about its main selling point; the large screen and an impressive camera. Vivo V9 Youth comes with a gigantic 6.3-inch 19:9 ratio IPS LCD display. It has 1080 by 2280-pixel resolution and 400 pixels per inch density. The camera has a dual 16MP + 2MP in the rear. It has f/2.0 aperture and dual-LED flash with Bokeh mode shot refocus support and much more.
Vivo V9 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS HD LCD display with Gorilla Glass
- Resolution: 1080×2280 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 32GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 4GB RAM
- OS: Funtouch OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: Dual 16 MP + 2 MP phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo V9 Youth Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 31,000
The Vivo V9 Youth is a toned-down form of the Vivo V9 but is quite similar. The one thing this phone has inferior compared to the V9 is the processor. The Snapdragon 626 was not already a powerful chip. Snapdragon 450 is a weaker processor. The fact this comes at only a few thousand rupees less than its bigger brother might be a deal breaker for some people.
Like the Vivo V9, the V9 Youth is lightweight. With just at 150 grams this phone has a plastic body. This looks very good on this phone but on the downside, it is a fingerprint magnet. One of the most catchy features is the iPhone like a notch.
I, personally, am not a great fan of the notch, but some people find it nice because you get that extra screen real estate. On this, the feeling is kind of a mixed bag. The advertised feature, the “AI Camera” is one feature that catches attention. We are yet to know whether it is a gimmick or it actually makes sense.
On top of all this, you get the mainstream features such as Face Unlock, Smart Split, and camera features like Bokeh effects. The Funtouch OS looks like a useless skin to me, but again it’s just me and some people might like it.
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched: A Perfect Hatchback?If you’ve ever been shopping for a new hatchback, you might notice there’s something similar.…
- Here’s How You can Prebook the New Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+Samsung release two major flagships in a year; S series and then the Note series.…
- New and Upcoming Cars in NepalReview of: Upcoming Cars in NepalReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:So,…