Telephone and Internet cost are expected to increase in Nepal as certain points in the federal budget for 2075/76 have come to light.
Why it matters:
- According to the budget, the income tax for Internet Service Providers (ISP) and telecom service providers has been increased by 5%, making it 30%. The service charge on telecom operators has also been increased by 2% making it 13%.
- These increases lead to hike in telephone and Internet costs, which in turn will make access to the services difficult. It could be contradictory to what the government had planned, which was to increase Internet penetration.
- The telecommunication service cost in Nepal is already one of the highest in the South Asian region.
- However, some officials of the NTA are not certain that the increase in the taxes will lead to increase in the cost of telecommunication and Internet services, as taxes are not the only parameters that determine the cost.
- Nepal Ranks 3rd Among Low-Income Countries in Inclusive Internet Index 2018
- 63 Percent of Nepal’s Population Connected to the Internet
- Nepal Has the 99th Fastest Mobile Internet in the World
Dell Laptops Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsDell is an American brand that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products…
Datsun Cars Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsDatsun is one of the most affordable car brands in Nepal. Pioneer Moto Corp Pvt.…
Proton Cars Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsProton cars are now available in Nepal. Jagadamba Motors, the authorized distributor of Proton vehicles…