For the first time, Kathmandu Living Labs, a civic technology company, in collaboration with Open Street Map Nepal, is organizing State of the Map Asia in Nepal. The event is being held on Sep. 23 and 24, 2017, at Heritage Garden, Lalitpur. The organizers aim to share how OSM helped during Nepal earthquake and to other countries during disasters through the event.
State of the Map is an annual conference where all mappers from Open Street Map (OSM) gather to discuss their experience, work, and ideas. Besides discussion, the event is followed by different tech workshops, treasure hunt, and hackathon. Open Street Map is built by a community of mappers that contribute and maintain data about roads, trails, cafés, railway stations, and much more, all over the world.
Interested people can freely register in order to participate in the program. Also, in the call for proposals, interested people can propose their own sessions. However, only some selected people will get an opportunity to present in the conference. The sessions proposed can be among the following categories:
- Breakout session, workshop format (1 or 2 hours)
- Lightning talk (10 minutes for presentation and feedback)
- Presentation (25 minutes for presentation and feedback)
- Country presentation on State of the Map (10 minutes each. A guideline will be provided)
The deadline to submit a proposal for sessions is May 31, 2017.
Interested candidate can also apply for a scholarship. The participants who need support to attend the meeting are requested to apply for the scholarship using this link. The organizer will be paying for travel cost to the scholar.
For more information visit this link: State of the Map Asia 2017
Edited By – Awale Sushil
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Review: Better option than the A50?Review of: Samsung Galaxy A70Price:Rs. 47,990Reviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 21, 2019Last modified:July 21, 2019Summary:On…
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…