For the first time, Kathmandu Living Labs, a civic technology company, in collaboration with Open Street Map Nepal, is organizing State of the Map Asia in Nepal. The event is being held on Sep. 23 and 24, 2017, at Heritage Garden, Lalitpur. The organizers aim to share how OSM helped during Nepal earthquake and to other countries during disasters through the event.
State of the Map is an annual conference where all mappers from Open Street Map (OSM) gather to discuss their experience, work, and ideas. Besides discussion, the event is followed by different tech workshops, treasure hunt, and hackathon. Open Street Map is built by a community of mappers that contribute and maintain data about roads, trails, cafés, railway stations, and much more, all over the world.
Interested people can freely register in order to participate in the program. Also, in the call for proposals, interested people can propose their own sessions. However, only some selected people will get an opportunity to present in the conference. The sessions proposed can be among the following categories:
- Breakout session, workshop format (1 or 2 hours)
- Lightning talk (10 minutes for presentation and feedback)
- Presentation (25 minutes for presentation and feedback)
- Country presentation on State of the Map (10 minutes each. A guideline will be provided)
The deadline to submit a proposal for sessions is May 31, 2017.
Interested candidate can also apply for a scholarship. The participants who need support to attend the meeting are requested to apply for the scholarship using this link. The organizer will be paying for travel cost to the scholar.
For more information visit this link: State of the Map Asia 2017
Edited By – Awale Sushil
- DWIT Job Fair 2019, One of Biggest IT Job Fair in Nepal, Slated for September 20After the successful completion of two iterations of IT Job fair in 2017 and 2018,…
- Nepal Electricity Authority to Install 50+ Charging Station Across Nepal“Is Nepal Government Promoting Electric Vehicles?” If you had asked me that a few years ago,…
- Khalti, Nepali Digital Payment App, Hits 500K+ Downloads on Google Play StoreKhalti, the second largest mobile wallet, payment gateway & service in Nepal has crossed 500,000…