The South Asia Connect (SAC) program will choose eight entrepreneurs from Nepal to get online and in-person training, mentoring and networking.
Why it matters:
- SAC aims to support implementable startup concepts South Asia by choosing a total of 40 entrepreneurs from five countries to take part in the program.
- Andie De Arment, spokesperson for the American Embassy in Nepal, said that the program will aid to increase entrepreneurship outreach and culture of innovation.
- SAC plans to select eight entrepreneurs each from five countries of South Asia: Nepal, India, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka making it a total of 40.
- The eight entrepreneurs from each country will receive a week’s training at Nexus Startup Hub at the American Centre in New Delhi to be held in April.
- The first 20 entrepreneurs will receive training from May through July, while the second group of the remaining 20 entrepreneurs will receive training from September through November.
- After the training, the entrepreneurs can also attend a one-week session at the American Centre in New Delhi with travel funding support.
- Out of the 40 entrepreneurs, ten (two from each country) will be chosen as entrepreneurial leaders for an eight-week immersive training and intensive mentorship. They will receive three one-week visits with travel funding at the Nexus Startup Hub at the American Centre in New Delhi for networking and resources planning.
- Upon completion of the training, the leaders will receive certificates from the IC2 Institute and funding to implement their startup concepts.
Big News: McDonald’s Launches Delivery Service in Nepal with FoodmanduHIGHLIGHTS McDonald’s has partnered with Foodmandu to exclusively deliver its menu items in Nepal. Nepali…
Honda Aviator 110 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Aviator price in Nepal is Rs. 2.35 Lakhs. It is available in a…
Honda Unicorn 150 Price in Nepal (April 2023 Updated)HIGHLIGHTS Honda Unicorn 150 price in Nepal is Rs. 3.08 Lakhs. It comes in Black,…