Though there are many smartphone companies vying for the top spot in the smartphone world, Samsung still, after all these years, makes the best smartphones in the Android land (in my opinion). With the recent UI overall in the form OneUI, Samsung has finally tied its hardware and software together giving the customers one of the best experiences you can find anywhere. And this comes from a regular user of Galaxy Note 9.
So, I am very pleased to announce that two latest phones from Samsung’s two flagship lines have been discounted for the monsoon season. Samsung posted on its Facebook page that it is officially dropping the price of Samsung Galaxy S10 and Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with a beautiful 6.1 inches infinity Dynamic AMOLED display that is probably the best screen that you’ll see in the smartphones of 2019. It has over 90% screen to body ratio and the display comes with a hole at the top right corner for the selfie camera. The bezels are smaller. To sum up, the device is gorgeous.At the back, there’s a horizontal triple camera setup. One is a regular 12MP f/1.5 – f/2.4 aperture primary dual-aperture lens similar to the one we saw on the Galaxy S9 and the S9 Plus. Another is a telephoto lens. And the third one is a 16MP f/2.2 ultrawide lens. If you want the best overall smartphone experience, you can’t do better than the Galaxy S10.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~550 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 9820 Octa (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Memory: 128GB, 8 GB RAM (expandable up to 512GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: Triple 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS & 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom & 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.0µm
- Secondary Camera: 10 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy S10 Price in Nepal:
Rs. 110,900 Rs. 93,900
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It’s been about a year since this phone was launched. However, it is still the latest Galaxy Note and it is still one of the best smartphones around. Though the Galaxy S10 feels a little snappier, you don’t have to worry about the performance here. The base model with 128GB storage comes with a 6GB RAM. This is more than enough for anything that you’d throw at this phone.At the front, the Note 9 features the same quad-HD AMOLED display that everybody raves about. It’s the most gorgeous panel on a phone. The panel on the S10 is a little brighter but does it matter? On the back, there is a dual camera setup with a variable aperture like the Galaxy S9 Plus.
They have AI features like scene recognition which will optimize the color tone of your picture based on the scene. The horizontally stacked cameras make it easy to differentiate Note 9 from the S9 Plus. The battery is 4000mAh and it is still going strong since day 1. I easily get a day of use with 30% charge remaining at the end of the day.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~516 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 9810 Octa
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18 – EMEA
- Memory: 512 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM (expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS; 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.4″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22µm, AF
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price in Nepal:
Rs. 109,900 Rs. 99,900
If you were looking to buy a new S10, this is a great deal. This is a good discount for Note 9 too but if you were thinking of buying a Note, I suggest you wait at least 2 months. Because in 2 months time, Note 10 will be released and the price of Note 9 may come even down. Or you may want to buy the Note 10.
Also, if you guys didn’t like Samsung phones of the past and are worried that the phones will slow down over time, I will say that’s not the case now. You can be assured that your phone will last you at least 2 years before showing any signs of slow-ness.
Hamro Patro Launches an E-learning Platform for Students in NepalThe most popular app in Nepal, Hamro Patro, introduces its new product, “Hamro Learning Center.”…
Mivi, a Popular Indian Accessories Brand to Launch Soon in NepalMivi, a popular Indian electronics brand is launching soon in Nepal. Mivi has a variety…
VoxCrow Receives “Best Customer Excellence Award” in CNIYEF Nepal Start Up Fest 2022Voxcrow, a voice-based communication service provider for organisations, received the “Best Customer Excellence Award 2022”…